The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Usually, they just explode...

Don Ellis

Beer can often give you an attitude, but this is the first one I've seen with an attitude of its own. So I turned it into a marketing photo...

Since this is a photo forum, perhaps a few shooting notes are in order...

I opened the freezer to find the bottle lying on its side just as you see it. I was surprised because I usually find glass shards and frozen foam. The cap was exactly centred, as well.

I picked it up and took it immediately to the garden and took these shots with a Canon G9 before anything melted. The only retouching was on the bottle to remove a thumbprint above the label (I wasn't thinking when I picked it up). And that's about all there is to it.

Unlike most stunts, you can try this at home -- indeed, you'll almost have to -- but don't expect it to work more than once in a lifetime. :p

Last edited: