Site Sponsors
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: New A7II Users Reports

Post Thanks / Like

Re: New A7II Users Reports

Jorgen
    Nothing personal, but you seem to be very outspoken about all Sony cameras lately. Just trying one in a store or reading specs on DPR does not really make me want to listen to the impressions you have any longer on Sony products. Are you getting paid by the M4/3 consortium?
    YMMV and i know what Vivek means.
    Joe
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Subscriber Member Jorgen Udvang's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by ecsh View Post
    Jorgen
    Nothing personal, but you seem to be very outspoken about all Sony cameras lately. Just trying one in a store or reading specs on DPR does not really make me want to listen to the impressions you have any longer on Sony products. Are you getting paid by the M4/3 consortium?
    YMMV and i know what Vivek means.
    Joe
    I just sold all my m4/3 gear, did a thorough comparison between Sony and Nikon and found that Nikon suits my use better right now. If one can accept to live with an optical viewfinder, the D810 is superior to the A7 bodies in every respect except size and weight, and even those advantages disappear when you fit the vertical grip to the A7 II. Still, I will need a mirrorless camera in the future, and follow Sony's development in this field very closely. That includes trying out cameras in the shop as well as in the field.

When I tried the A7 II this week, it was specifically to check the claim that it's a suitable camera for sports photography. It isn't. It mostly behaves the same way as other mirrorless camera, and there are several other models with much better ergonomics (GH4, E-M1 and NX1 to mention a few). As has been pointed out by many, the A7 models really need the extra grip to be comfortable to hold over time, since the body is to low to offer comfortable rest for the thumb.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Yes, how would anyone shoot motorsport with an A7. Impossible!

Likes 12 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Jorgen,

The Sony A7 platform is not for you, not for your style of shooting nor your subjects. You are clearly a DSLR guy and that is great. You need high speed, fast AF and fast lenses.

Right now, Sony is in limbo, halfway between A-mount and the promise of FE mount. For a high speed shooter like yourself, they aren't there yet and we can all agree on that. I use A-mount lenses with the LA-EA4 adapter and the AF just isn't in the same league as a native DSLR. Same for native FE AF although I would argue hard that it is more accurate and the speed is getting very close - they just need to close the low light gap.

So I find all your arguments perfectly valid - for you. But let's try and have some perspective and recognize the Sonys for what they are. Today they do many things with no peer - great sensor quality in a compact package that can use just about any lens, a hint and promise of excellent native lenses, IBIS, high resolution, or high sensitivity (take your pick). In other areas they still lag - AF speed, Deep native lens lineup, etc. but the writing is on the wall and to your dismay, Sony has the development pedal to the metal - thus quick dev cycles.

You call it rampant consumerism, I call it Sony gunning for the top. They may not make it but it is fun watching them try.
    Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

One final thought before I drop off.

Last week I was on vacation with another family and my buddy had his Canon 5D MkIII with him on the beach. He looked at me and asked where my camera was. I had the A7II in my windbreaker pocket. He looked down at his camera in disgust.

Later that night on New Years Eve we were in a bar and I asked him where his camera was. He left it at home because he didn't want to lug around a DSLR. I had the RX1 in my jacket pocket again and the photos of that evening were highly entertaining. So glad I had it.

Modern DSLRs are not take everywhere cameras. They are tanks that are designed for purpose work. The fact that my little A7II and RX1 have sensors that trump a Canon 5D mkIII, can mount tiny, incredible lenses and produce rich files, is all I need to have faith in the platform.
    Likes 12 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Mancuso View Post
    Okay they vertical grip just showed up. MUST HAVE for verticals its so comfortable its scary. Everything is perfect balanced in your hand. Totally different than the A7 one. Even the battery cover for the camera to take off is now a switch and it retracts the pins do. Much better setup and the grip is to deeper. Now the C3 button is just dead on your thumb. So you may want to change that Function. Here maybe the zoom magnifier would be a good choice and the AF/MF button is just below it so a pretty handy 2 function setup here. The grip is pretty deep so plenty of gripping power. Its a keeper but it sure is a expensive one. 350 is a little over the top
    Guy - Can you charge with the batteries in it? That was a big shortcoming of the original grip and I was hoping they addressed it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jorgen Udvang View Post
    If one can accept to live with an optical viewfinder, the D810 is superior to the A7 bodies in every respect except size and weight, and even those advantages disappear when you fit the vertical grip to the A7 II.
    My main cameras are the Nikon D4, the D800 and the Sony a7.

It is not correct to assert that the Nikon is superior in every respect save size, weight and the EVF.

I find any number of advantages to the a7, most strikingly, the ability to mount my favorite lens of all time, the Leica Noct.

And the size and weight advantages remain when both cameras are fitted with vertical grips. Although, personally, I find no need for a vertical grip on my a7 with any lens.

Given the choice between an a7II and a D810 I would go for the a7II every time.

However, there is nothing in the Sony line up that equals my D4. It is a pity that Nikon won't make a camera with the speed of a D4s and the size of a D750. It would sell like hotcakes. It would also, likely, drastically cut the sales of the D4s.

-Bill

Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Had a few no Af at all and froze up. Of course I removed battery and rebooted but not sure where it's coming from. This was before and after firmware update and with native FE and ZA lenses. I'm leaning at vertical grip. I did remove it for my assistant tonight. He seems to be running okay. But this is a guess. My other thought we been shooting all day and camera got warm from heavy shooting. We clicked in about 2900 images today.

Not sure what to make if it but otherwise this body has been a gem. Love it really
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

www.guymancusophotography.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

In total this week about 13k in just this body. Outside this electronic issue its been very durable and taking hard shooting well but we need to keep reporting these things as it helps others.
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

What abou that battery grip guy...do you know if you can charge using the USB cord with batteries in it?

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I forgot to look for a port. Right now it's on my assistant shoulder bag. I'm in production booth as he is shooting awards. I'll check though

Post Thanks / Like

I'm curious what the range of manual focal length settings is for IBIS on the A7II. I would be very grateful if one of you could post this. Also, I'm curious if the range has changed at all with the recent FW upgrade. TIA!

Subscriber and Workshop Member MGrayson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Ron,

It's 8mm to 1000mm. This is post-update, but I think it was the same yesterday.

My own "tests" (pre-update) gave me 3-4 stop, but It may be more an issue of absolute time. I could get 1/10 second sharp results with lenses from 50mm to 200mm, with keeper rate decreasing to less than 1 in 3 at 1/2 second. Probably not as good as the E-M1, but then I can't use the same lenses on that camera.

--Matt

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Pfister View Post
    I'm curious what the range of manual focal length settings is for IBIS on the A7II. I would be very grateful if one of you could post this. Also, I'm curious if the range has changed at all with the recent FW upgrade. TIA!
    There was a video showing the menu at the launch. I don't remember exactly the bounds, but it was very comprehensive, going from very wide to very long. So comprehensive that I was kept wondering about how well it would work with longer tele lenses. First reports are rather pisitive yet. The focusing distance may have an influence too, not only the focal length, especially for non native glass unable to communicate with the body.

I guess the tone of reports will follow the usual trend : over enthusiastic at the beginning and then over negative.. It will take some time before everything is sorted out, given the complexity of the Sony IBIS system and the different operating modes employed with the different lenses used (native lenses with OSS, native lenses without OSS, lenses designed for the Sony DSLRs series and communicating with the body given the right adapter, non native lenses non communicating with the body and non native lenses using a smart adapter). Add the focusing distance, the skill of the photographer and any prediction becomes difficult.

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Just coming back from 2 week ski-vacation where I used the A7II.
    I brought 24-70,70-200,35/2.8 and 55/1.8.
    Overall I habe been pretty happy with the combination. I have used the zooms whenever there was enough light and found them to work really well.
    I also found the continous AF pretty good for a mirrorless camera.
    The A7II with the 35 prime or 50 prime is considerably smaller than a DSLR. When you use the zooms the difference is not that pronounced any more.
    Anyways-I have decided to sell my 5dIII and Canon equipment.
    The one area where I still think Sony have to improve is user interface. Just way to many menues and too many function buttons and too small buttons.
    Any DLSR is much clearer to use IMO. On the other side I am happy with the smaller size and IQ so for my needs the A7II seems to fit pretty well.
    Last edited by Paratom; 10th January 2015 at 13:17.
    Likes 5 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

No charging port for the vertical grip

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Had a few no Af at all and froze up. Of course I removed battery and rebooted but not sure where it's coming from. This was before and after firmware update and with native FE and ZA lenses. I'm leaning at vertical grip. I did remove it for my assistant tonight. He seems to be running okay. But this is a guess. My other thought we been shooting all day and camera got warm from heavy shooting. We clicked in about 2900 images today.

Not sure what to make if it but otherwise this body has been a gem. Love it really
    I had a problem after the firmware upgrade too. The camera would only shoot Jpgs, not Raw! Of course I made sure the quality was set to Raw; even when shooting Raw + Jpg, only the Jpg was visible. The Raw files showed up as "0 bytes" though the number (ARW) showed up.

Anyway, I did the obvious - removed card and battery then performed an "Initialize" and now everything is fine.

Just in case anyone else has the problem!

Bill

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

No charging port for the vertical grip
    I was referring to charging via the hdmi port on the camera while the grip is attached.

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Chad, thanks for the comments about the a900. I really enjoy your sports photos and the attempt to use what you have and work around whatever issues you may have.

Recently I read an article about concert shooters being limited to a limited amount of shooting from one or two spots. Are you encountering these issues? I know it is off topic but I was curious.

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm on a similar boat to Jorgen. I'm a massive fan of the e-mount system (already had the NEX5, NEX5N, NEX7, NEX3F, A6000, TWO A7, A5100) but for my pro work I need fast reliable AF and fast glass...preferably FF. I think that compared to Fuji (who got on the mirrorless train later than Sony), Sony had a more conservative posture when it came to lenses, but they are slowly getting A LOT of things right. I would go as far as to say that my gut feeling tells me the A9 will set the standard for the e-mount system...many rumors say it will be a truly PRO camera, which leads me to believe blazing fast and accurate AF, dual sd card slots, IBIS and a few other tricks up their sleeves. I for once am rooting for this system and cannot wait for the day that I can confidently sell all my a-mount gear and replace it all with e-mount.
    www.rafael-lopes.com

Post Thanks / Like

[Had a few no Af at all and froze up. Of course I removed battery and rebooted but not sure where it's coming from. This was before and after firmware update and with native FE and ZA lenses. I'm leaning at vertical grip. I did remove it for my assistant tonight. He seems to be running okay. But this is a guess. My other thought we been shooting all day and camera got warm from heavy shooting. We clicked in about 2900 images today

I had this problem twice w/ my A7R - wouldn't focus at all, manual nor auto; turned off camera, removed lens, re-attached lens, turned on camera, and...voila!...problem solved. The issue arose w/ both adapter and FE lens. I wonder what causes it? Not an issue w/ my 7S or A7-II, yet. Perhaps it doesn't happen often enough to warrant a repair or FW upgrade.

I tried my new A7-II for a week and love it. Fast. Everything in focus. Excellent IQ. No complaints whatsoever. Love the ergonomics and heft as well. My two keepers are the A7S and the A7-II (the 7R will be up for sale).

john
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Is anyone experiencing color moire problems with the A7II? I am. Lots of it. I can correct it but shouldn't have to. I am thinking something is wrong with my unit. I am also having a lot of dirt on sensor. The shake cleaning doesn't seem to dislodge it. Anyone else?

Post Thanks / Like

Many thanks for your feedback regarding manual focal length settings for IBIS, Anna and Matt! Sounds very promising, indeed. I'll hold off until Sony announces the successor of the A7R, but will try to get ahold of an A7II for testing before then, if possible...

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Mark,
    I haven't seen any particular moire problems but I suspect if would depend upon what you are shooting. My A7II has not needed any cleaning as of yet but I have cleaned my A7r with a senor stick. In either camera I have not seen any unusual pickup of dust compared to Nikon or Canon.

Jim

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Okay after 3 days shooting a event in a lot of low light. I'm questioning the Phase detection system in low light with the 24-70 especially but even so on the 16-35 as I had some freeze ups on focusing. The AF points would light up but become stuck there for like the next shot or so. I'm thinking maybe turning the Phase detection off. This is using F4 lenses for one at ISO 1250 so I'm talking pretty low light. I shot about 2 k images and it happened about 10 times . This is about the only real issue I have come across outside several weeks ago complete freeze up which this time did not happen. IBIS is outstanding even with a monopod so the camera is performing well but this phase detection is something maybe some firmware can help. Thoughts on using it in low light would be helpful.

Honestly the more I use the 24-70 and luckily I just rent it but the more I dislike the lens for PR stuff. I'm actually thinking of waiting for the new A 24-70 2.8 version II coming out or some other 24-70 2.8. F4 sometimes is just to slow. Now the 28 F2 might be a option to wait for also. I like that idea better since I'm trying to lose some weight.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay after 3 days shooting a event in a lot of low light. I'm questioning the Phase detection system in low light with the 24-70 especially but even so on the 16-35 as I had some freeze ups on focusing. The AF points would light up but become stuck there for like the next shot or so. I'm thinking maybe turning the Phase detection off. This is using F4 lenses for one at ISO 1250 so I'm talking pretty low light. I shot about 2 k images and it happened about 10 times . This is about the only real issue I have come across outside several weeks ago complete freeze up which this time did not happen. IBIS is outstanding even with a monopod so the camera is performing well but this phase detection is something maybe some firmware can help. Thoughts on using it in low light would be helpful.

Honestly the more I use the 24-70 and luckily I just rent it but the more I dislike the lens for PR stuff. I'm actually thinking of waiting for the new A 24-70 2.8 version II coming out or some other 24-70 2.8. F4 sometimes is just to slow. Now the 28 F2 might be a option to wait for also. I like that idea better since I'm trying to lose some weight.
    Guy that was my exact experience with the 24-70FE. It's fine for outdoor shooting from dawn to dusk but in lower or varying concert style light indoors at ISO 1600+ led me to selling it and sticking with lenses no slower than f/2. I'm keeping an eye for the 28/2 as I'm interested in how it performs with the 21mm adapter. I'm hoping the distortion isn't too bad and the light loss not too great plus it may be a great match with the 55FE (although I'm usually am not ild about 28mm.)

As for AF performance in low light the A7s is rock solid. I don't know how large you need to print if at all but that is worth a consideration to add/ rent on one of these jobs. I'm really hoping they can get the A7sII up in the 16-20 range while maintaining similar high ISO performance.
    Sony Visible Light & IR Photographer
    http://www.iiinelsonimages.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Yea I just given up on the 24-70 it just does not focus well in poor light. The 16-35 does much better although it happens it's less of a issue.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Like a A7sII if they come out with one. 12mpx can handle almost all PR stuff

But first comes the A7r replacement. I'm jumping all over it

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Yea I just given up on the 24-70 it just does not focus well in poor light. The 16-35 does much better although it happens it's less of a issue.
    Surprisingly the 24-70 does well on the A7s (as does the 70-200.) I haven't handled the 16-35FE because I'm sort of wanting to see how the Tamron 15-30/2.8 performs on higher resolution bodies. I have my doubts that the 16-35FE will give us the best resolution.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

It's really good wide . But I'm eyeing the tamron too

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Guy, How many shutter actuations do you have on your A7 II so far? From your reports it seems like a lot.

BTW, I tried a PM to you and got a message that you have exceeded your quota! I did not know that you also had a limit!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

If I had to guess about 17 thousand so far. Thanks I'll clean up my mailbox

For a brand new camera it's getting some mileage . Lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Guy is limitless. Only his mailbox has limits.

Subscriber and Workshop Member MGrayson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Apropos the 16-35/4 FE, I tested it against the CY 21/2.8 on the A7II and found it slightly better in the corners, both at f8. Someone at FM said that was a) impossible and b) probably the result of a bad CY->FE adapter, which is known to be too thin. To test the second possibility, I got a CY->M adapter and mounted that on the Voigtlander helical M->FE adapter. *That* combination proved sharpest at zero offset, so I tested the single CY->FE adapter against the stack, and found the stack sharper.

The final result? Almost identical corner sharpness between the CY 21/2.8 and the FE 16-35/4 at 21mm, both at f8. Now I *like* the CY 21, and it is a stop faster, but the convenience and quality of the zoom makes me (still) very happy. If the 15-30/2.8 is better still, that will be !

--Matt

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I have a very good copy of the 16-35 and from some testing against some serious TSE glass it's right there with them both with a 17 which was so far hard to tell the difference . Against canons amazing 24TSe version II which is still the best 24mm I have used its a shade below it and I mean a shade. So the 16-35 in my mind is a monster lens until about 28mm than it gives way to better 35 lenses. I'm going to buy the new 35 1.4 Zeiss when it comes out along with the Mitikon 50 and my ZA 85 that will give me 3 fast lenses and the 16-35. That will give me a serious kit.
    My lineup now is
    16-35
    Canon 24tse with 1.4 extender
    Sony 35 2.8 will be replaced with the 1.4
    Mitikon 50
    ZA 85
    Minolta 200
    That's a bad *** kit if you ask me

Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

If I had to guess about 17 thousand so far. Thanks I'll clean up my mailbox

For a brand new camera it's getting some mileage . Lol
    Thanks, looks like you did.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a very good copy of the 16-35 and from some testing against some serious TSE glass it's right there with them both with a 17 which was so far hard to tell the difference . Against canons amazing 24TSe version II which is still the best 24mm I have used its a shade below it and I mean a shade. So the 16-35 in my mind is a monster lens until about 28mm than it gives way to better 35 lenses. I'm going to buy the new 35 1.4 Zeiss when it comes out along with the Mitikon 50 and my ZA 85 that will give me 3 fast lenses and the 16-35. That will give me a serious kit.
    My lineup now is
    16-35
    Mitikon 50
    ZA 85
    Minolta 200
    Save some $$$ for the Mitakon 35 F/0.95. You can't have too many uber fast lenses.

Yeah, we love spending your money.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I know I've said this in different threads but I'll repeat it - the FE 16-35 is a real jewel and by far the best WA zoom I've ever owned. I don't actually shoot at wide angles much because I "see long" and tend to shoot more in the 70-150 mm range. But the 16-35 is so good I find myself seeking subjects where I need it!
    Bill CB

www.billcaulfeild-browne.ca

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Well said Bill. Totally agree. Frankly I think it is better than the famed Nikon 14-24

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Guy,

With the 50MP rumours around I consider taking the leap to Sony A7rII/A9. What they will call it? So, that rises the question about lenses.

Interesting to read that you consider the 16-35/4 to be an excellent lens. I am also interested in high performing large aperture lens on the short tele side, the 85/1.4 ZA may fill that bill.

What is your take on keeping that 24-70/2.8 ZA, versus the 24-70/4?

Best regards
    Erik

I have A-mount stuff right now:

Sigma 10/3.5 Fisheye (APS-C) (OK-)
    Sony 16-80/3.5-4.5 (APS-C) (good)
    Sigma 12-24/4.5-5.6 (Full frame) (OK--)
    Sony 24-70/2.8 (Full frame) (good with weaknesses)
    Sony 70-400/4-5.6 (Full frame) (good)

And so I have some other stuff from a company that used to be a Swedish company.

Best regards
    Erik

My lineup now is
    16-35
    Mitikon 50
    ZA 85
    Minolta 200

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Great question. Given the fact that in low light the 24-70 F4 struggles the ZA2.8 might be a better choice. The FE lens is pretty good in good light optically but if I was sitting on the ZA 24-70 not sure I would switch it out. Now there is a version II rumored of the ZA. Now a lot of folks like the F4 and I have seen some nice images, I just can't warm up to it. I owned one sold it and rented several times.

I would rent it and try it when the new cams come out. If you can in your country

But the 16-35 is worth the purchase. It at 16mm was a pixel away from the Canon 17mm TSE which is highly rated. So on the wide side the zoom really does rock. I'll be out doing landscape with it for a week so that will be a good test on it.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks a lot!

Best regards
    Erik

Great question. Given the fact that in low light the 24-70 F4 struggles the ZA2.8 might be a better choice. The FE lens is pretty good in good light optically but if I was sitting on the ZA 24-70 not sure I would switch it out. Now there is a version II rumored of the ZA. Now a lot of folks like the F4 and I have seen some nice images, I just can't warm up to it. I owned one sold it and rented several times.

I would rent it and try it when the new cams come out. If you can in your country

But the 16-35 is worth the purchase. It at 16mm was a pixel away from the Canon 17mm TSE which is highly rated. So on the wide side the zoom really does rock. I'll be out doing landscape with it for a week so that will be a good test on it.

Post Thanks / Like

Good news, the camera plate(s) for the A7II are finally being shipped from Really Right Stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dandrewk View Post
    Good news, the camera plate(s) for the A7II are finally being shipped from Really Right Stuff.
    If you don't need the L-plate for vertical mounting, the RRS general purpose BP-CS plate is a nearly perfect fit for the a7ii (and it's a little cheaper than the 'fitted' plate.) I was happy to discover this, since I already had one laying around!

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Show Performance View Post
    What abou that battery grip guy...do you know if you can charge using the USB cord with batteries in it?

Thanks
    For the information of anyone who's interested, Sony Canada is selling the grip for CDN$320, about US$256. This is about US$100 less than commonly available.

Just FYI!
    Bill CB

www.billcaulfeild-browne.ca

Post Thanks / Like

Personally from an ergonomic POV I would be very wary of adding the grip. The A7 that my dealer loaned while my A7II is being repaired came with one and I just can't understand why anyone would want it. I find it to be very uncomfortable to use in both the horizontal and vertical positions and just adds to bulk and weight thus totally removing the small size advantage that the A7 has over it's competitors. I took it off after 30 minutes use.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Viramati View Post
    Personally from an ergonomic POV I would be very wary of adding the grip. The A7 that my dealer loaned while my A7II is being repaired came with one and I just can't understand why anyone would want it. I find it to be very uncomfortable to use in both the horizontal and vertical positions and just adds to bulk and weight thus totally removing the small size advantage that the A7 has over it's competitors. I took it off after 30 minutes use.
    Given the bulkier grip and the different position of the shutter release etc etc on the Mark2, I wonder if your comments would apply to that model?

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Viramati View Post
    I mostly use the A7 and A7r with a grip. I find both cameras to be way more comfortable for my larger hands with the grip. It actually feels weird to use it without the grips on them now.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi all,
    I just got my A7ii about a week ago. I know I'm late to the party, but my local camera shop was having trouble getting a copy. I've been mostly enjoying shooting my Leica R lenses on it, so far.

I've started a video series on my experiences with the camera.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKgfHW9MwE4
    VKgfHW9MwE4

- Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HiredArm View Post
    I mostly use the A7 and A7r with a grip. I find both cameras to be way more comfortable for my larger hands with the grip. It actually feels weird to use it without the grips on them now.
    As ever it is a case of personal preference. I would just advise anyone thinking of buying one to try it out in a store first as it is not a cheap addition.