The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

HCam Master TS 11-24mm

Hi Stefan,
I was under the impression that some of the adapters did have large inner openings (and therefore less issues with mechanical vignetting).

This is from an email I received from Markus at Mirex

"The updated TS-Adapter for Hasselblad V or Pentax 67 lenses (with larger inner opening) is deliverable.

In the other ts-adapter for Mamiya 645 or Pentax 645 or (Contax 645), this change (update) is not possible.
These ts-adapters remain as before."

With regards to purchasing a Pentax 645 - Eos Mirex and then having a "dumb" Hasselblad - Pentax 645 adapter, this would be more expensive than an individual Mirex but would be cheaper than having two separate Mirex adapters :)

Think I will order a Pentax 645 - Eos mirex and hope that I do nut run into too many vignetting issues..

Stefan Steib

Hi Stefan,
I was under the impression that some of the adapters did have large inner openings (and therefore less issues with mechanical vignetting).

This is from an email I received from Markus at Mirex

"The updated TS-Adapter for Hasselblad V or Pentax 67 lenses (with larger inner opening) is deliverable.

In the other ts-adapter for Mamiya 645 or Pentax 645 or (Contax 645), this change (update) is not possible.
These ts-adapters remain as before."

With regards to purchasing a Pentax 645 - Eos Mirex and then having a "dumb" Hasselblad - Pentax 645 adapter, this would be more expensive than an individual Mirex but would be cheaper than having two separate Mirex adapters :)

Think I will order a Pentax 645 - Eos mirex and hope that I do nut run into too many vignetting issues..
It is always a matter of the lens mostly.
Rule of thumb: when the back lens stay/is as close as possible to the bajonett, the leat vignetting will occur
Perfect example: the Mamiya 120mm Macro. The lens stays directly at the bajonett at all scales and distances.

and

havin improved the opening on the HCam master TS V2 is also important as with a second Mirex this will be further off the bajonett mount (direction camera)
and the larger opening there will be needed to prevent any vignetting as much as possible.

Regards
Stefan

Hi Stefan,
Just wondering if you can tell me how much shift you can get from using a full frame lens on a cropped sensor camera with your Hcam Master? For example, using a Canon 14mm on a Sony A6000?

Thanks a lot in advance..

Stefan Steib

Hi Stefan,
Just wondering if you can tell me how much shift you can get from using a full frame lens on a cropped sensor camera with your Hcam Master? For example, using a Canon 14mm on a Sony A6000?

Thanks a lot in advance..
Difficult to say - I don´t have a 14mm Canon Prime lens. For the EF L f4/11-24mm the answer is in the table that I have published:
on full format 24x36 there are 8,10,10,8mm add at least 6mm to each side for APS-C- but you will probably reach the maximum 15mm the adapter provides mechanically in all directions, as the format is so much smaller and thus the image circle touched "later"(with more headroom) in the corners.

Greetings from Germany
Stefan

Attachments

Thanks for the response, much appreciated! I guess I wasn't talking about the Canon 14mm specifically but how much shift you would get by using a crop sensor Sony camera, a full frame lens and your Hcam master.

Think you answered it when you mentioned "6mm" each side.. :)

Am thinking the upcoming Laowa 12mm Zero D lens could be a good one, as it has a fully manual aperture ring and would turn into a 18mm equivalent lens..

I could live with having "6mm" of shift for a pretty small wideangle lens with some tilt/shift ability..

Any other full frame lenses that have a manual aperture ring that could be used in such a way?

Actually, the "Laowa Magic Shift Converter" could also be interesting, converting this lens into a 17mm with +/- shift of 10mm.. Sounds pretty cool.

Schafphoto

Chris, do you have any experience with the Contax 645 glass? I'd love to use that stuff for tilt/shift but the aperture control is electronic isn't it?

I'm on a major hunt for the best 35mm and am considering either the Contax 35mm PC Distagon or the Pentax smc FA 645 35mm f/3.5.

CB
I know it's been a while Chris, but did you ever get 28 and 35mm lens that you were happy with shifted? It seems like you tried a few. And if you don't mind sharing which ones didn't work for you that would be helpful too. I'm looking for a 28 and 35mm shift only lens solution and I don't want to reinvent the wheel.

-Schaf