Site Sponsors

Thread: A7II, A&RII with Phottix Mitros + and Stratto II with OC strobes

Post Thanks / Like

A7II, A&RII with Phottix Mitros + and Stratto II with OC strobes

I ordered a Phottix Mitros + speedlite for my A7II quite awhile ago. It finally arrived from back order status.
    The hope is that Phottix will get the Odin II finished and shipping in a Sony version soon. (There is an update on their website stating that its being tested by a photographer and should be ready before too long. The photographer doing the testing is a Canon shooter, but hopefully the Sony variant won't take too long after the Canon is done.)

Anyway, The Mitros + can be set to TTL on camera and it fires the off camera strobes without a problem below sync speed. It will not fire the off camera strobes in HSS mode which would be a nice bonus since my Cheetahlights have an H mode that is useful above the camera X-sync speed.

The TTL capability for the on-camera speedlite is nice because it can be dialed to minus EV compensation for fill.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: A7II, A&RII with Phottix Mitros + and Stratto II with OC strobes

I wonder why this will not work in HSS. My Odin transmitter will trigger my Godox 360 in high speed mode as as a Minolta TTL flash with an Odin receiver.
    Jim

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting that Sekonic, Phottix, and Elinchrom are getting in bed together to make compatible light meters. I wonder if Profoto and Broncolor are next.

Elinchrom, Phottix and Sekonic form wireless common standard partnership: Digital Photography Review
    Last edited by iiiNelson; 16th August 2015 at 19:07.
    Sony Visible Light & IR Photographer
    http://www.iiinelsonimages.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JMaher View Post
    I wonder why this will not work in HSS. My Odin transmitter will trigger my Godox 360 in high speed mode as as a Minolta TTL flash with an Odin receiver.
    Jim
    Jim,
    I'm wondering the same thing.
    Will do some more testing this coming week.
    That's the main reason for getting this setup to test.
    If I can't get it to work I'll probably ship it back.

David

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HiredArm View Post
    Interesting that Sekonic, Phottix, and Elinchrom are getting in bed together to make compatible light meters. I wonder if Profoto and Broncolor are next.

Elinchrom, Phottix and Sekonic form wireless common standard partnership: Digital Photography Review
    It is interesting.
    There is someone on another forum asking for user input on features for an unnamed company about strobe and speedlite TTL capabilities.
    He won't say what company but he does show Elinchrom lights in his signature.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I am sure you have it all set up correctly but just in case In addition to telling the Mitros + to work in HSS did you turn the function on on the Godox lights themselves?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JMaher View Post
    I am sure you have it all set up correctly but just in case In addition to telling the Mitros + to work in HSS did you turn the function on on the Godox lights themselves?
    Yep.

Its apparent, based on my experience testing the Cells IIc for Cheetah that the light is firing too early, or late, but my guess is too early.

I also turned off the electronic front curtain shutter just in case.

I do think its probably a setting error of some sort.

More testing when I have time this afternoon.