The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Difference between proPsolution TSE Adapter and the Hartblei TSE Tripod Collar

NoBob

Hi,

Does anyone know what the difference is between the proPsolution TSE Adapter and the Hartblei TSE Tripod Collar? Or are they the same product, just a different name?

And am wondering what the difference is between v2 and v2.1.

And does anyone know if the Sony a7rii works ok with the tripod collar and Canon 17mm and 24mm II TS-E lenses?

Thanks.

thrice

You should also consider the kipon ts adapter coupled with the novoflex astat-nex collar.
I just cut the inner plastic ring to fit over the lens release button and it's a very secure, compact and economic alternative.

justalexander

I've been using the ProP TSE adapter with the A7RII for years. It works very well except for the following 2 caveats:

(1) The 17mm works much better than the 24mm. I'm not sure why but the 24mm produces very noticeable stair-stepping on diagonal lines with the A7RII. I'm not sure if it's just my combination of lens/camera but it's often better for me to shoot with the 17mm and crop rather than shoot with the 24mm. No idea why... Anyone else experiencing this issue?
(2) In order to shoot vertical shifts/panoramas you need to tilt the adaptor so that it's sitting horizontal which makes it less stable that for horizontal shifts. The adapter appears to have been designed for shooting horizontal panoramas/landscapes whereas I find myself using it to produce vertical panoramas.

Hi,

Does anyone know what the difference is between the proPsolution TSE Adapter and the Hartblei TSE Tripod Collar? Or are they the same product, just a different name?

And am wondering what the difference is between v2 and v2.1.

And does anyone know if the Sony a7rii works ok with the tripod collar and Canon 17mm and 24mm II TS-E lenses?

Thanks.

NoBob

Thanks. I went ahead and bought the lens collar. It works fine, but yes if you want to shift vertically while shooting in landscape format, you need a long L-shaped rail to position the collar/adapter horizontally.