The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

What ever Happened to Hasselblad HV /A99 Cameras

rollsman44

I am just curious to see why you see very few for sale today. They were Modified Sony A99 cameras . I was curious and googled it and found only 3 for sale at various prices. I am curious to know what their actual value is today with the CZ lens. Thanks

I'd be very surprised if there are more than a hundred of these in existance.

As a usable camera, I'd say it's worth no more than an A99V plus the version 1 zoom. So maybe $2,000 for the combo. (unless you're a rabid collector of oddball cameras.) The eBayer's who are asking more than $3,000 for the body only are crazy.

V

Vivek

It takes someone with "special taste" to be interested in those abominations.

I would guess they are worth a fraction of the regular A99.

iiiNelson

I am just curious to see why you see very few for sale today. They were Modified Sony A99 cameras . I was curious and googled it and found only 3 for sale at various prices. I am curious to know what their actual value is today with the CZ lens. Thanks
The camera was discontinued and the remaining stock was liquidated at prices less than the A99 in some cases. I actually considered picking one up for ~$3000 new with the CZ24-70 lens but chose not to in the end. It's a great camera (and the A99 is too) with a slightly different look... The A99II would be a much better option though as it's a "souped up" A7RII in A-mount.