The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

ggibson

I drove out here at 11pm to photograph the Milky Way, but a coastal fog rolled in and settled over Santa Cruz. In the darkness, the deserted beach was quite eerie, filled with the sounds of crashing waves against the shore and rocks. Here, I tried to capture that unsettling scene with a square composition; the viewer's eye repeatedly drawn back to the center as if being sucked into the maw.

Darkness by Graham Gibson, on Flickr

KeithDM

It's a funny old world Keith, I was there just the week before you...It's a lovely area to photograph...nice one :) :thumbup:
Yes Barry, it certainly is & I've been admiring the results of your visit to my neighbourhood! ;) Next time you are heading this way...

Barry Haines

Yes Barry, it certainly is & I've been admiring the results of your visit to my neighbourhood! ;) Next time you are heading this way...
Thanks Keith, I only had time for a fleeting visit to your neighborhood and I couldn't believe how crowded it was!
The last time I was your way I was using a Gandolfi 10"x8" in the mid 80's shooting Avebury Stone Circle and nobody was about back then!...Nonetheless it's still lovely and great to photograph. :)

Language of Music (Oxford University) - 50mm Nokton F1.2 E

I just finished another folio from our trip along the northern coast of Spain. It is very satisfying to complete this project and create and preserve our memories from such a wonderful adventure. I put the folio in an album on my flickr page along with my first folio from Portugal. Have a look and I hope you enjoy the images as much as I did making it. I give all credit to Brooks Jensen from Lenswork for his help in making and presenting these folios.

Flickr link: https://www.flickr.com/photos/22035415@N08/albums/72157709886299302

Sony ILCE-7RM3 FE 24mm F1.4 GM f5.6 1/2000sec ISO 100

Guggenheim Museum, Bilbao by Patrick Kolb, on Flickr

Thanks,
Patrick

Status
Not open for further replies.