Site Sponsors

Thread: Never say never

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Never say never

The last time I sold out all my Leica gear was to acquire a Hasselblad 903SWC. When I bought back into Leica again, now almost a decade ago, I felt it would be the last time and I'd die using this equipment for the remainder of Time left to me...

Hasselblad's new announcement of the updated CFV50C II and 907, and the XCD 21mm lens, has me contemplating once again selling off all my Leica gear other than the CL and a few lenses to acquire it.

It's likely just a fantasy. But I guess the only real truth is that the only camera equipment I sell Leica gear for is Hasselblad gear. Who'da thunk that?

G
    Godfrey - GDGPhoto Flickr Stream
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Never say never

Quote Originally Posted by Godfrey View Post
    The last time I sold out all my Leica gear was to acquire a Hasselblad 903SWC. When I bought back into Leica again, now almost a decade ago, I felt it would be the last time and I'd die using this equipment for the remainder of Time left to me...

Hasselblad's new announcement of the updated CFV50C II and 907, and the XCD 21mm lens, has me contemplating once again selling off all my Leica gear other than the CL and a few lenses to acquire it.

It's likely just a fantasy. But I guess the only real truth is that the only camera equipment I sell Leica gear for is Hasselblad gear. Who'da thunk that?

G
    Less is sometimes more. Consolidating the lower value equipment into something hopefully better is often a path in my thinking.
    Having less, and less complicated gear options can mean you concentrate on extrapolating the most from what you do have.

I also have looked to this combo as I am like some, looking for a digital one shot panoramic solution that has an affordable answer.
    The Fuji 50R likely will be a closer fit for me.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Never say never

Life isn't a dress rehearsal so if your shooting benefits from a change - go for it I say. I am.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post