The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Kipon Baveyes adapters

RossNH

Hi,

Anyone any experience using any of the Kipon Baveyes adapters?

Thanks.
I realize this is almost three years later, but I have been using the M645 to Sony for a couple months now and like it very much.

It gives a special look to stills and although I don't capture a lot of video, that has a very unique look too, also the larger lense barrels and longer throws help when pulling focus. I had a bunch of Mamiya 645 lenses lying around and this was a good way to use them on my A7RII. I haven't done the math but I doubt they outresolve the sensor.

Some work extremely well, (110mm 2.8, 55mm 2.8, 80mm 1.9, 120mm 4), others are just average. Not as sharp as native Sony equivalents but the shots have a lot of character. I really like the falloff to out of focus areas and general rendering. It's great for black and white conversion.

The one big downside is it is a very big and heavy, ungainly setup. I got a great deal on mine, $500 with a M645 210mm in great condition. I think it's a good deal if you already have lenses from another format/sensor size but probably not otherwise. Hope that's helpful if you never picked one up.

Last edited: