Site Sponsors

Thread: Topcon R and Huge Print

Post Thanks / Like

Topcon R and Huge Print

I received a print order on my web site for an image I made in March 1993. Although I was using Zeiss and Leica 35mm equipment, and also medium format, I also collected (still do) older 35mm SLRs. Somewhere around 1993 I acquired a vintage Topcon R built in 1957 with 58mm Auto Topcor (the camera model with EXTERNAL semi auto lenses). The largest print I had made (darkroom print) was 16"x20". The print order was for 20"x30". The 1957 Topcor produced "dreamy" images, that is why I sometimes used it. The negative was scanned with a Polaroid 120 Sprintscan at 3000 dpi. I used PK Sharpener's Capture Sharpener on the image, selecting slow speed 35mm negative film as the medium. I then enlarged the image to 20"x30" at 360 dpi using "Blow Up 2". I then used PK Sharpener for output sharpening, and printed it on my Epson 7890. The image is stunning. Here is what the image is:
    Thanks for looking
    Dave in NJ
    MODERN PICTORIALS
    Name:  S143A framed.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  114.0 KB
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Topcon R and Huge Print

Quote Originally Posted by gurtch View Post
    I received a print order on my web site for an image I made in March 1993. Although I was using Zeiss and Leica 35mm equipment, and also medium format, I also collected (still do) older 35mm SLRs. Somewhere around 1993 I acquired a vintage Topcon R built in 1957 with 58mm Auto Topcor (the camera model with EXTERNAL semi auto lenses). The largest print I had made (darkroom print) was 16"x20". The print order was for 20"x30". The 1957 Topcor produced "dreamy" images, that is why I sometimes used it. The negative was scanned with a Polaroid 120 Sprintscan at 3000 dpi. I used PK Sharpener's Capture Sharpener on the image, selecting slow speed 35mm negative film as the medium. I then enlarged the image to 20"x30" at 360 dpi using "Blow Up 2". I then used PK Sharpener for output sharpening, and printed it on my Epson 7890. The image is stunning. Here is what the image is:
    Thanks for looking
    Dave in NJ
    MODERN PICTORIALS
    Name:  S143A framed.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  114.0 KB
    That was my first SLR it was a real piece you must of got a great copy. My dream camera which I could not afford in 1970 was a Nikon F
    Nice image

Post Thanks / Like

A beautiful image, indeed. Which 58 was it? 1.4 or 1.8?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vdeakin View Post
    A beautiful image, indeed. Which 58 was it? 1.4 or 1.8?
    It is the f1.8 Auto Topcor. It is semi auto, you need to cock open after each shot
    Dave