The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. P

FS: Like new Rodenstock Grandagon 90 MC black ring 549 USD net

Hi there I am pruning my lens kit and have a like new Grandagon 90 4.5 MC in Prontor professional for sale. Its an excellent bright wide-angle for LF, but works well as well on digital via say an Arca F metric. Its the same optically as the green ring and sharp. Paypal 549 USD net +...
  2. P

New Sony sensor in Blackmagic Cine: 100 megapixel in 35mm full-frame; P1, Leica, Fuji next?

There you go – Blackmagic Design just announced the Ursa Cinema cam with 16 stops DR (ie small pixel pitch Sony BSI); we are on the cusp of leaving behind IMX411 and all 100 megapixel crop MF bodies will be soon move to 180 - a significant jump. Perfect for tech cams with HR glass! Most...
  3. P

Poll: What are the most critical IQ5 features you'd upgrade for?

So the cat is out of the bag. Sony announced a 250 megapixel 54x36mm sensor - 3:2 crop instead of 4:3. Its not confirmed whether a photographic sensor would also have the same dimensions and megapixels, but it looks like the successor to the 150 megapixel sensor. It would be interesting to see...
  4. P

WTB: Rodenstock 60 HR with helical or helical alone

Hi all I am searching for this lens WITH helical, unmounted or in Cambo or R or Alpa. Helical alone would also work. Thank you very much for reaching out. P.
  5. P

WTB: Alpa 60 4.0 HR / 100 HR

Hi guys If you have these vintage lenses in Alpa mount pls. let me know as I'd be interested. Thanks Paul
  6. P

C1 laying off people / sale of P1 this year?

https://petapixel.com/2024/01/30/capture-one-lays-off-staff-amid-a-significant-internal-restructure/ I mean glad to see that the market is responding a bit to this SaaS topic in an adequate way and that C1 seemingly is under cost pressure due to their strategic choices in these times. Their...
  7. P

70 XT tilt

For those who missed one of the rare new product announcements – just saw there's a new Paul Reiffer video around the new tilt variant. To me it doesn’t look like P1 is gonna close shop next month … Interestingly 5 degrees vs the 3 before in the focal lengths below
  8. P

FS: Near mint Sinar P3 CPL recessed lens board for self-mounting

I have a quasi new P3 recessed lens board for sale as I looked into getting a P3, but have now decided to focus on the Alpa system for Macro. It has minor signs of use. The lens board is a bit tricky to mount as you need a small screwdriver, but for insiders this shouldn't be a problem, ie if...
  9. P

Digital medium format in 2024 – it's not dead!

Ok, so we are closing in towards the end of the year. Time to summarize what's coming in 2024 and analyze what this means for the high-end medium format market: Phase One: + 70 XT tilt was just announced with MK II shutter assembly and 5 degrees of tilt (vs. 3 degrees on the 32, 40, 50 tilt XT...
  10. P

C1 Black Friday – anyone moved to subscription yet?

So C1 is doing a 50% off special. Still expensive. I am sitting on my perpetual license for C23, but before the new AI masking stuff – ie the version before they forced everyone in to their new scheme. I am still reluctant to have a monthly payment go off from my CC, and buying another...
  11. P

Magic Four Series: The versatile SK 60 XL – laudatio on one of the best MFD lenses ever made

Hi guys I figured it's nice to heap some praise on some legendary vintage lenses and discuss them a bit more in detail – because why not? It is getdpi.com, after all. I've been reviewing some of my 60 XL files and must say that this lens stands above the rest in so many ways. Just astonishing...
  12. P

SOLD: Factory refurbished Alpa Max incl. box and accessories almost like new (EU)

**** CAN SHIP FROM EU (extra travel expense of CHF50) **** Dear all This is the rare opportunity to buy a fully factory refurbished Alpa Max with new inner bearing system incl. accessories in excellent / near mint condition incl. original serialized box + check, clean and refurbishment...
  13. P

Positive feedback for Bill C.-B.

I had the pleasure to buy a 40 XT Tilt from Bill – the experience was great; we quickly agreed on the modalities / logistics and to my delight the lens arrived perfectly packaged. Thanks, Bill!
  14. P

Generative landscape art – a (horror) vision of the future of photography?

https://www.chaipeau.com/ Look at this. Started beginning of this year, sits at home generating unreal landscapes in monochrome with an AI engine, sells it in his webshop. 80k followers within a few months. More than many landscape photographers working their craft for decades. Could this mean...
  15. P

GFX to P1 adapter – now that's something special!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/285406082479?_trkparms=amclksrc%3DITM%26aid%3D777008%26algo%3DPERSONAL.TOPIC%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20230811123856%26meid%3Db44d5b13bb3a44b5983577fd4881cc7d%26pid%3D101770%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D1%26itm%3D285406082479%26pmt%3D1%26noa%3D1%26pg%3D4375194%26algv%3DRecentlyViewedItemsV2&...
  16. P

6500 USD for a mere tilt upgrade. C'mon.

Let's put the pricing policy for the "upgrade" into perspective: The 6500 "upgrade" price 1) Arca R has "free" tilt on all lenses – it is worthwhile to note that this is a basic photographic feature, not a doubling of the sensor size or an increase of the IC by 30% by replacing an optical lens...
  17. P

From XT to iPhone 15 Pro Max

https://petapixel.com/2023/10/03/photographer-reuben-wu-showcases-the-power-of-iphone-15-pro-max/ Reuben was the ambassador for XT back in 2019 – now he's doing the same stuff with an iphone, albeit with 48 megapixels. He still mentions that the larger systems are not (yet) being replaced, but...
  18. P

WTB: CF for 43 XL Schneider M 58 IIi

Pls. let me know if you consider selling your CF - will pay good price. BR Paul
  19. P

WTB XT40

Dear all If you have an XT40 lens for sale pls let me know. Missed recent sales from people exiting the system. Thanks Paul
  20. P

FS: Rare Apo Sironar W 150 MC black ring (same as yellow ring) in excellent condition

Hi guys I'm selling my surplus Apo Sironar W 150 MC in Prontor, which is in excellent condition. This lens is incredibly sharp, comparable to the Sironar S 150, but with a wider IC (image circle). This unique feature makes it ideal for special applications on digital systems, especially those...