The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
I know. It's Dawn. Stupidly intense colors. No cat.

The X2D is actually pretty good at avoiding the yellow band that takes over horizons due to red channel clipping. All I did was underexpose about 1.75 stops. And try to focus through the trees. And the teeeeniest shift of orange Hue away from Yellow. Thank God it wasn't Coral Pink - THAT is hard to recover.

XCD 28P at f/6.8 (futile attempt at DoF), 1/15 sec, ISO 100.

And 1 minute earlier with the lens that was on the camera (you know how it is).
XCD 120/4 at f/4, 1/60 sec, ISO 100

Matt

Last edited:

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
They say that One is Light, Two is Composition, Three is Everything Else. This is what happens when the light is boring, but the composition calls out and demands attention. Everything Else has to take up the slack. In this case, over-processing!
X2D, XCD 90/3.2 f/11 1/160 ISO 6400

Matt

Last edited:

Knorp

There wasn't enough of it?
Actually, I blended in more foreground from another capture and it took too much attention away from the person and tree, so I'll stick with the above.
Well, the metal pillars (?) give some depth to the image and are an interesting feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.