The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

It is Finally Here, 907x 100c

f8orbust

Yeah, the price is what makes this DB so attractive for many. New, it basically costs about the same as a repair to an IQ4.

Raw Therapee solves the banding problem, but I agree that when Phocus (or a firmware update) solves it, that would be a better solution.

No doubt it would have been cost prohibitive for Hasselblad to have offered at the same price another version of the 100c without PDAF, but that would have been my preference. I currently own the 907x 50c and about 90% of the time use only the back with manual focus on a bellows or pancake camera, and for the 10% I use auto focus, PDAF would not be needed. Of course Sony may not even offer a version of the sensor without PDAF.

f8orbust

???

Let's at least be accurate. The most common worst case repair scenario for a Phase One IQ digital back would be in the $3,000 USD range. And can be much less than that, depending on what the issue is.

Steve Hendrix/CI
Sorry, my bad. Should have been clearer. Wasn't thinking of a scenario where the back won't power on and a circuit board needs replacing, rather that the sensor is completely FU due to user neglect and needs to be replaced. I know that if it's not a user issue they'll pretty much cover each repair within a ~$3k 'budget' (just keep your fingers crossed you don't have more than one non-user issue every couple of years with a back that's OOW).

Regardless, let's not forget in all this 'excitement' that the H/B is priced such that you could buy a main AND a backup and still have ~$38,000 (WTF!) in you back pocket compared to an IQ4.

wattsy

No doubt it would have been cost prohibitive for Hasselblad to have offered at the same price another version of the 100c without PDAF, but that would have been my preference. I currently own the 907x 50c and about 90% of the time use only the back with manual focus on a bellows or pancake camera, and for the 10% I use auto focus, PDAF would not be needed. Of course Sony may not even offer a version of the sensor without PDAF.
Yes, I imagine with the numbers of these backs being made, it just doesn't make economic sense for the 100MP sensor to be different from the one in the X2D.

I'm surprised that Hasselblad hadn't prepared for this problem in advance by either developing a firmware/software solution or, at a minimum, issuing advice that the back isn't suitable for use with certain third-party lenses, etc. The big marketing splash about a "trifecta of imaging possibilities" has been seriously undermined by this news – at least among those who stay informed via websites like this one.

f8orbust

The big marketing splash about a "trifecta of imaging possibilities" has been seriously undermined by this news – at least among those who stay informed via websites like this one.
It's an unfortunate issue, and should have been spotted and addressed before the DB was released. But thanks to 'early adopters' it's now out in the open - and it turns out it's far from a deal breaker.

A software/firmware solution should be just around the corner.

Last edited:

anyone

Does anyone use the Techart TCX-01 adapter with the CFV100c/907x? Unfortunately, it does not work on mine (tried firmware 6 and 7), it says lens initializing without that anything happens.

Paul Spinnler

The best would be a PDAF less version where they remove the array. For people using it 90% on tech cams this could be a trade-off that's ok. But it doesn't help ofc all the people who spent already money on this.

peterm1

I noticed that Iridient Developer updated its software to support CFV 100c files- wonder if the banding is worse/better using that software. I am waiting for an Alpa V adapter for my CFV 100c and STC with the Rodenstock 32mm HR - I should be able to run my own tests in a couple of weeks as well.

f8orbust

Can ID handle LCCs ? It was on the 'to do' list for a while, but don't know if the developer ever implemented it.

Without being able to process LCC files I don't see an easy way for ID to handle the banding.

vjbelle

I haven't used ID for a long time although I am a current licensed owner. There never was a way to make an LCC. I have the latest build and will see if it can handle Diggles banding issues.

Victor B.

sjg284

Question for 907X 50C/100C owners - how do I order an extra set of caps for the back/camera (not lens/body caps) ?

I can't find anything when searching using the part number from the caps, or searching for 907X cap.

Would something like these work?

and what about the other side?

sjg284

And one more question would be.. what about the spare cap for the 50C/100C digital back portion?