Site Sponsors

Thread: Legacy Lens Fun on the GF1

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Legacy Lens Fun on the GF1

Here's one I took using the GF1 with the 58mm Rokkor f/1.2. ISO 800 @1/40s. I bought this particular lens for a couple of reasons, the shallow DOF that f/1.2 gives me and the bokeh this lens produces and of course, the ability to work in low light situations. Focus was on the stem of the first glass.

It's very pleasing to be able to get a shot like this using a camera that is so small. In the past I could only get something like this from my 5D and a 50mm f/1.4. The only post work on this photo was a resize and crop.

I'd like to see the results others are getting using legacy "fast glass" on their cameras.. please post samples if you have them.
    Jim Radcliffe
    www.boxedlight.com

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Legacy Lens Fun on the GF1

Nice work, Jim!

I've done a tonne of work with the G1 and various adapted manual lenses over the past year and a half. I've used a goodly number of lenses, although I've shaved that down to my present kit of five favorites.

A good bit is available for viewing on my flickr.com site. There are too many to try to post them all here again. The PESO 2009 and 2010 sets have a lot of G1 work with Cosmicar 12.5/1.4, Nikkor 20/3.5AI, Konica 40/1.8, Olympus 40/1.4, Olympus 70/2, etc.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gdgphoto/

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Jim, that's STUNNING!
    Ashwin Rao
    Seattle, WA
    My Photography

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Godfrey View Post
    Nice work, Jim!

A good bit is available for viewing on my flickr.com site. There are too many to try to post them all here again. The PESO 2009 and 2010 sets have a lot of G1 work with Cosmicar 12.5/1.4, Nikkor 20/3.5AI, Konica 40/1.8, Olympus 40/1.4, Olympus 70/2, etc.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gdgphoto/

Godfrey, I'll take a look this afternoon or tonight. By the way, I'll be in the bay area the first week of July. Hoping to meet up with Terry and maybe a few others who might care to meet at some time during that week... not sure where or when at this time.
    Jim Radcliffe
    www.boxedlight.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by ashwinrao1 View Post
    Jim, that's STUNNING!
    Thanks, Ashwin. I still wish there were a way to add an M9 a couple of lenses to my arsenal but I've not won the lottery yet.

I paid a bit more than I wanted to for that Rokkor but the Canon or Leica alternative was much higher. I hope to make good use of it out in California.
    Jim Radcliffe
    www.boxedlight.com