Site Sponsors
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Lumix GH4

  1. #1
    Senior Member hot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    2,170
    Post Thanks / Like

    Lumix GH4

    Panasonic GH4 ;-)

    16mp
    1/8000 shutter
    1mil dot OLED screen
    21mm OLED viewfinder, 3,000+ dot.
    time code
    200mbps mp4 All-i/100mbps IPB
    4k/30p
    4:2:2 10/8bit output
    3G-SDI and XLR adaptor
    Price: €2799


  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    280
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    34

    Re: Lumix GH4

    If that price is true I hope it's just a well thought out dedicated video camera. I guess it could make a backup still camera in a pinch. If true it will be an interesting addition to the m43s family.
    Charles - flickr

  3. #3
    Senior Member hot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    2,170
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Lumix GH4

    Sensor Canon C300 24.4 x 13.5 mm
    Sensor m4/3 17.0 x 13.0 mm

    price C300 15.600

  4. #4
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Vivek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    13,601
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    21

    Re: Lumix GH4

    Quote Originally Posted by hot View Post
    Sensor Canon C300 24.4 x 13.5 mm
    Sensor m4/3 17.0 x 13.0 mm

    price C300 € 15.600
    Have you seen one of those? Impressive camera with impressive build and with impressive performance.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    324
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Lumix GH4

    My GH3 is my best hybrid camera. Excellent stills and video.

    I can only hope the GH4 is equally viable for stills and video. Based on their history with the GH2 and GH3 I imagine it will be.

    If it is truly capable for both then it is the camera I have been looking forward to more than any other.

    Ideally, it will have fast continuous focus for following sports action and the super useful built-in flash the GH3 has.

    Best,

    Bill
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  6. #6
    Senior Member hot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    2,170
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Lumix GH4

    Quote Originally Posted by Vivek View Post
    Have you seen one of those? Impressive camera with impressive build and with impressive performance.
    C300 without lens 1.45kg

    You'll get muscles, Mr.Schwarzenegger! Or a breakdown.

  7. #7
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Vivek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    13,601
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    21

    Re: Lumix GH4

    Quote Originally Posted by hot View Post
    C300 without lens 1.45kg

    You'll get muscles, Mr.Schwarzenegger! Or a breakdown.
    Hmm.. the ones which are in actual use are seated on a €5,000+ Sachtler CF tripod with a matching fluid head.

    BTW, the CP primes used on those are no featherweight either!

  8. #8
    Subscriber Member Jorgen Udvang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Pratamnak
    Posts
    9,343
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2157

    Re: Lumix GH4

    Quote Originally Posted by ohnri View Post
    My GH3 is my best hybrid camera. Excellent stills and video.

    I can only hope the GH4 is equally viable for stills and video. Based on their history with the GH2 and GH3 I imagine it will be.

    If it is truly capable for both then it is the camera I have been looking forward to more than any other.

    Ideally, it will have fast continuous focus for following sports action and the super useful built-in flash the GH3 has.

    Best,

    Bill
    +1 to that. I've only had the GH3 for a week, but it has already proven itself to be a very capable camera. Further improvements would be welcome, but not really necessary for me at this stage.

  9. #9
    Subscriber Member Jorgen Udvang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Pratamnak
    Posts
    9,343
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2157

    Re: Lumix GH4

    Here's a very interesting AF test. I'm not too surprised about the result, since the GH3 is already very impressive and beats all my Nikon bodies except for tracking.

    The Great Mirrorless Camera Autofocus Shootout! - YouTube
    Things I sell: https://www.shutterstock.com/g/epixx?language=en
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  10. #10
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    k-hawinkler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The "Land of Enchantment"
    Posts
    3,298
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Lumix GH4

    Quote Originally Posted by Jorgen Udvang View Post
    Here's a very interesting AF test. I'm not too surprised about the result, since the GH3 is already very impressive and beats all my Nikon bodies except for tracking.

    The Great Mirrorless Camera Autofocus Shootout! - YouTube

    Thank you! Very interesting indeed!
    I am wondering though which firmware version he was using in the E-M1?
    Last edited by k-hawinkler; 25th May 2014 at 19:44.
    With best regards, K-H.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •