Site Sponsors
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: X Pro 1 vs NEX 7

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

X Pro 1 vs NEX 7

Let's hear who chose the X Pro 1 over the NEX 7 and why.

Pluses - minuses
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: X Pro 1 vs NEX 7

problems to chose - so both

Both camera produce very nice pictures with nice lenses.

+ Sony : size, plenty of lenses to fit with different adapters (some with autofocus), focus peaking.
    - Sony : EVF in low light (lots of noise), easy to unwanted change some buttons on the camera (moviebutton, exp and aperture wheel)

+ Fuji : very nice fujinon lenses ( not so expensive like zeiss lenses), jpg rendering, EVF/OVF, handling
    - Fuji: not so many lenses for the system, manual focusing, aperture/autofocus noise when camera is on without using the shutter-button, have to buy a separate diopter .

Trygve

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PenSon View Post
    problems to chose - so both

Both camera produce very nice pictures with nice lenses.

+ Sony : size, plenty of lenses to fit with different adapters (some with autofocus), focus peaking.
    - Sony : EVF in low light (lots of noise), easy to unwanted change some buttons on the camera (moviebutton, exp and aperture wheel)

+ Fuji : very nice fujinon lenses ( not so expensive like zeiss lenses), jpg rendering, EVF/OVF, handling
    - Fuji: not so many lenses for the system, manual focusing, aperture/autofocus noise when camera is on without using the shutter-button, have to buy a separate diopter .

Trygve
    Ditto and best, most concise assessment of the pros/cons of both cameras I've seen so far. Thanks for posting.
    Carl
    Gallery

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I haven't followed the diopter discussions much can you point me in the direction of where to get them or a thread about them.

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    I haven't followed the diopter discussions much can you point me in the direction of where to get them or a thread about them.
    Terry,

Cameraquest has diopters that will fit the XP1:
    Voigtlander Bessa Accessory - Diopter Eyepiece - Stephen Gandy's CameraQuest
    Carl
    Gallery

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Cool. They aren't expensive like the Leica ones YEAH. I'm just at the point where I'm thinking about reading glasses and don't know if a diopter will be needed or not or even how strong. I think that was part of my problem with the M8. I was cost prohibitive to experiment and good luck finding a dealer where you could try them out.

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by durrIII View Post
    Let's hear who chose the X Pro 1 over the NEX 7 and why.

Pluses - minuses
    I havent chosen the x pro 1 over the Nex yet but I just dont get along so great with the EVF. So I am evaluating to maybe replace the Nex with the X Pro 1 - but I first have to try one and see how I get along with the AF and the handling of the camera.

Reason would be OVF and fast primes.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Paratom View Post
    I havent chosen the x pro 1 over the Nex yet but I just dont get along so great with the EVF. So I am evaluating to maybe replace the Nex with the X Pro 1 - but I first have to try one and see how I get along with the AF and the handling of the camera.

Reason would be OVF and fast primes.
    Well, I can't speak for the X Pro1, but I found the OVF on the X100 to be fairly useless because it didn't really work with manual focus . . and you couldn't really see what was in focus using AF. EVFs are nasty, but functionally they're really good, especially with focus peaking.

Just this guy you know

Post Thanks / Like

Jono

Why would you need MF on the X100? I found AF fairly reliable and if did the AFL button in MF mode thing you could switch to EVF and magnify the view.

Lee

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphie View Post
    Jono

Why would you need MF on the X100? I found AF fairly reliable and if did the AFL button in MF mode thing you could switch to EVF and magnify the view.

Lee
    HI Lee
    Well, I'm not sure why one would need it - mainly because one couldn't see if the AF had focused on the spot you intended, or the face 20ft behind with higher contrast - and anyway, like the Leica X1, it's there, and should therefore be useable!

I've never been able to get to grips with the view magnify thing on any camera - except on a tripod for static subjects where it's fine.

Why they haven't implemented focus peaking - which solves all of these issues - is beyond me.

Still, lots of other people seem really happy, the image quality and high ISO is obviously excellent, the two different zoom levels on the OVF is inspired, so maybe it's just me being grumpy . . . but give me a NEX7 anyday!

all the best

Just this guy you know

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Has anyone used the flashes (external)? How good is the TTL? Is the delay between the pre and the actual flash negligible?

This is a big plus with the Sony Alpha E system.

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jonoslack View Post
    Well, I can't speak for the X Pro1, but I found the OVF on the X100 to be fairly useless because it didn't really work with manual focus . . and you couldn't really see what was in focus using AF. EVFs are nasty, but functionally they're really good, especially with focus peaking.
    They changed it so you can have 2 boxes I believe - and the box changes color once focus has been achieved. Shouldnt that work pretty fine?

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Paratom View Post
    They changed it so you can have 2 boxes I believe - and the box changes color once focus has been achieved. Shouldnt that work pretty fine?
    Well, I haven't tried that, so I don't know, but the problem was not whether SOMETHING was in focus, it was WHAT was in focus that was the difficulty.

But I must stop grouching on about this - I just feel that Fuji have put style and chic above operability - personally I'm all for style and chic, but not at the expense of function.

Now I'll stop whittering on about it - maybe I'm slightly resentful because I thought that the hybrid viewfinder was the answer to the meaning of life, and I was disappointed to find that (for me at least) it really wasn't.

Just this guy you know
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Now I'll stop whittering on about it - maybe I'm slightly resentful because I thought that the hybrid viewfinder was the answer to the meaning of life, and I was disappointed to find that (for me at least) it really wasn't.
    Jono, There is only one "perfect camera*"

[* The Leica M9, until the M10 shows up ]

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I haven't tried that, so I don't know, but the problem was not whether SOMETHING was in focus, it was WHAT was in focus that was the difficulty.

But I must stop grouching on about this - I just feel that Fuji have put style and chic above operability - personally I'm all for style and chic, but not at the expense of function.

I checked it out, there are now 3 boxes, one for close, one for medium, one for long distance.
    The one which is used by the AF gets green. I cant comment yet how good that works. I give the x100 a try and want to see how it works for me. The viewfinder and the information in the viewfinder looks quite good.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Vivek View Post
    Jono, There is only one "perfect camera*"

[* The Leica M9, until the M10 shows up ]
    Exactly Vivek . . . . still, I've reconsidered my position on the NEX7 . . . Fortunately prices have dropped, so I managed to replace the one I sold 6 weeks ago for almost what I sold the old one for (it actually cost me £99). The lenses were still here - it's interesting re-discovering it.

I fear I sold it in a fit of pique on discovering that it wasn't the perfect camera for ski-ing.

It's nice to have it back again.

Just this guy you know

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphie View Post
    Jono
    Lee
    Hi Lee

I totally agree! I can never understand the fuss about fitting MF lenses to an AF camera then moaning about the various problems encountered in doing so!

The X100 and X1Pro are photographers cameras with quirks, there can be no denying that. However both cameras are a real joy to master and whilst my Sony DSLR's are great and easy to use for the subject material that I use them for, the little X cameras really give me the most real satisfaction in use, even if I do swear at them from time to time!

In all honesty though it is always something that I have done wrong rather than the camera! The IQ from both of the X's is excellent with the X1P being quite exceptional, especially with the 35/1.4 lens fitted. The 60 macro is also a superb lens, I can't speak for the 18mm lens as I don't have that one yet.

Some Leica M users are now openly comparing the 35/1.4 evenly with the Leica 50mmm Cron and Lux lenses. As one Leica user put it "the little Fuji can AF faster than I can manually focus my M9 after years of using M cameras."

So, in summary even though I am an avid Sony Alpha user of both the A900 and A77, I didn't jump for the Nex7, preferring instead the X1Pro IQ and the sheer personal satisfaction of using it. The future road map of X1Pro lenses was also a material input for my decision, as the Sony Nex lenses leave a lot to be desired with no future timed roadmap.
    Cheers, Dave
    www.simmondsphotography.com
    Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by dhsimmonds View Post
    Hi Lee

I totally agree! I can never understand the fuss about fitting MF lenses to an AF camera then moaning about the various problems encountered in doing so!

The X100 and X1Pro are photographers cameras with quirks, there can be no denying that. However both cameras are a real joy to master and whilst my Sony DSLR's are great and easy to use for the subject material that I use them for, the little X cameras really give me the most real satisfaction in use, even if I do swear at them from time to time!

In all honesty though it is always something that I have done wrong rather than the camera! The IQ from both of the X's is excellent with the X1P being quite exceptional, especially with the 35/1.4 lens fitted. The 60 macro is also a superb lens, I can't speak for the 18mm lens as I don't have that one yet.

Some Leica M users are now openly comparing the 35/1.4 evenly with the Leica 50mmm Cron and Lux lenses. As one Leica user put it "the little Fuji can AF faster than I can manually focus my M9 after years of using M cameras."

So, in summary even though I am an avid Sony Alpha user of both the A900 and A77, I didn't jump for the Nex7, preferring instead the X1Pro IQ and the sheer personal satisfaction of using it. The future road map of X1Pro lenses was also a material input for my decision, as the Sony Nex lenses leave a lot to be desired with no future timed roadmap.
    How is the X1-Pro AF in lower light? I've seen blog reports from owners that it is not so hot in lower light, being slow and unreliable. Perhaps the comparison to focusing the M camera should take that into account since that is where a rangefinder shines?

-M

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by fotografz View Post
    How is the X1-Pro AF in lower light? I've seen blog reports from owners that it is not so hot in lower light, being slow and unreliable. Perhaps the comparison to focusing the M camera should take that into account since that is where a rangefinder shines?
    One of the great ironies of the X Pro 1 is that Fuji seems to have gone to great lengths to develop a novel sensor that offers great high ISO performance and moire resistance, engineer three (or two and a half at least) extraordinarily fast optics, pioneer a combined OVF and EVF and then put them in a body whose AF has been reported to be blind as a bat in low light.

Kinda makes the whole exercise null and void.

(But I have to admit when conditions are good, from what I've seen here, Flickr and elsewhere the images produced by the X Pro 1 are quite impressive.)
    Life is an infinite series of moments called..."now".
    My job is to capture them.

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

How about some people who actually have used and own the X-Pro1 chime in here?

Post Thanks / Like

I have been using the X Pro 1 for a couple of weeks now with all the three Fujinon lenses and with some M lens and the following are my findings:

Image quality is in my view excellent and I do expect to see further improvement once the support from Adobe and Capture One is available.

The AF is reasonably fast even in low light and generally accurate. Focusing with the OVF required to me some training but now is ok and I do not have much to complain.

Manual focus on the contrary is not implemented in an optimal way, both with native lenses and with legacy lenses. Focus peacking is missing and the image enlargement is not stable enough to allow easy and accurate focusing.

OVF is nice but the frames are not accurate enough (M8.2 and M9 are much better in this regard). The frame lines are available only for a limited range of focal lenght.

The use of legacy lenses is limited by the rather poor manual focus implementation and by the sub optimal performances of most WA's (I have tested only RF lenses).

The operability of the camera is pretty good with the provided knobs and wheels and accessing the menu is seldom required in normal operation.

Light metering is accurate but the auto-iso function is very poorly implemented: the shutter speed from which ISO values start to move up is fixed by tjhe camera at unreasonably low values.
    Last edited by Ario Arioldi; 6th April 2012 at 07:22.
    Ario
    www.arioarioldi.net
    Likes 7 Member(s) liked this post

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    whose AF has been reported to be blind as a bat in low light.
    I've only had the camera for a couple of hours. This thread is comparing the X-Pro1 vs the NEX 7. I would not call the X-Pro 1 blind as a bat as if the NEX 7 had 20/20 vision. My NEX 7 can be woefully bad in the same low light and inexplicably I've had it refuse to lock focus even in much better light. In very low light the X-Pro1 gives you OVF and a less noisy EVF than Sony.

Clearly the two mirroless systems with the best focus are m4/3 and Nikon. M4/3 got there through brute force - high refresh rates and hard engineering work from Panny and Oly (including lens design). Nikon got there with phase detect. Nikon may beat m4/3 in good light m4/3 pulls ahead when the Nikon switches over to CDAF.

I haven't used either the GXR or the Samsung mirrorless (but neither are ever cited good or bad for focus so I will put them at the middle of the pack).

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I had the NX10 for about a month. Even in good light, even with the 30/2, it hunted for focus. That was the least of its worries though. Samsung is yet to release a camera with a decent sensor that I know of.

The m4/3rds have it when it comes to EVF and the AF (in any light).

Sony (NEX-7) hunts and can not even find focus (and gives up) in low light.

Since a bat is mentioned, perhaps someone should try using Sonar for focusing like Polaroid did.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Since I have them both I shot some pictures on the same object.
    Not a scientific test (handheld and different focuslenght with the optics).
    What I noticed from the jpg´s out of the cameras was that Sony had a bit more color punch.
    Fuji and Sony with the object.

Fuji picture

Sony picture

btw. The Sony LA2 adpter make a very fast autofocus with the old Minolta optics

Trygve

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Penson,

Maybe it's me but I kinda prefer the Fuji image. Which is closer to what you shot?

Peter
    Life is an infinite series of moments called..."now".
    My job is to capture them.

Post Thanks / Like

I also clearly prefer the Fuji image

Peter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

The fuji is most correct with colors. Maybe I will try once more with a greycard correction tomorrow and also with a tripod, if any interest. The fuji tends overexpose so I have to adjust 1 to 2 step with the exposure control.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I'm very happy with the Nex-7's performance with M mount lenses. (At the wide end I'm using the WATE which being retrofocus doesn't have the issues that the short Voigtlanders exhibit). Focus peaking usually works and in low contrast situations I've mastered the magnify button. It took a bit of practice.

I find the Fuji very interesting but I'll wait until they sort out the software. No LR support is a complete non-starter for me.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Has anyone used the flashes (external)? How good is the TTL? Is the delay between the pre and the actual flash negligible?

This is a big plus with the Sony Alpha E system.
    No one?

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Sony has kept the slight yellow/warm shift of Minolta. I prefer the Fuji rendering.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Exactly Vivek . . . . still, I've reconsidered my position on the NEX7 . . . Fortunately prices have dropped, so I managed to replace the one I sold 6 weeks ago for almost what I sold the old one for (it actually cost me £99). The lenses were still here - it's interesting re-discovering it.

I fear I sold it in a fit of pique on discovering that it wasn't the perfect camera for ski-ing.

It's nice to have it back again.

Good to see you back with it, Jono. I am still debating the X-pro -1 , mainly curious about issues of AF and function over form, and your comments make me further consider holding off...
    Ashwin Rao
    Seattle, WA
    My Photography

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

I have both the NEX-5N and NEX-7. I like using both of them for different purposes.
    However, I have been rediscovering the virtues of my M9.
    WOW, that's all I can say.

To me the most interesting feature of the X-Pro1 is its sensor.
    I would love to see that type of sensor in a Leica.

K-H.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by fotografz View Post

-M
    Sorry Marc I have only just spotted your post!

It all depends on how low the light is! I imagine though that you might be thinking of darkish church interiors? If so if you can see the bride, you should be able to use the AF.

it is a little slower to lock on but not impossibly so. X1P users with a bit more experience with the camera than myself, tell me that by turning off various functions like sleep mode and other unwanted shooting functions the low light focusing is not so different from when using it in good lighting.

However yesterday I did need to shoot in a very dark west of England ancient pub with smoke darkened panelled walls with very dim lighting, it did need ISO 1600 at max aperture of F1.4 and focused with AF OK.

If I knew in advance where I would need to do the shoot I would have taken my A77 as I know that it's excellent EVF allows shooting in almost darkness.

I have to say that the X1pro did a pretty good job of it without fiddling with the set up menu which was just as well as I only had the X1Pro with me!

The Fuji X1P is a camera that needs to be learned and mastered just like the X100. I still have a lot of learning to do but I enjoy every minute using it, whereas my Sony DSLR's are relatively easy cameras to learn but not quite so satisfying somehow to use.
    Cheers, Dave

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

A real users review of the X1Pro here, warts and all:
    CAMERA: Fuji X-Pro 1 by FUJIFILM | Photo Madd – Real world compact system camera reviews

This in my opinion is a darned good but realistic review, describing exactly what the camera was designed for and also the typical users.It is not a camera for everyone, especially "died in the wool" DSLR users!
    Cheers, Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dhsimmonds View Post
    A real users review of the X1Pro here, warts and all:
    CAMERA: Fuji X-Pro 1 by FUJIFILM | Photo Madd – Real world compact system camera reviews

This in my opinion is a darned good but realistic review, describing exactly what the camera was designed for and also the typical users.It is not a camera for everyone, especially "died in the wool" DSLR users!
    Totally agree.

Lee

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

That review feels pretty accurate.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Beautiful images too... Love the tonality.

Cheers

Brian

Post Thanks / Like

The issues with the NEX-7 are:

- Noise even at ISO 100 (e.g. skies). Only really a problem for pixel peeping though)
    - No to AF lenses with good quality/price like the XP1. The 24mm is too expensive and the wrong FOV for me.
    - If I would not own the NEX-7 and D800 I would be tempted to get the XP1
    - I like the tele range on the NEX-7
    - I like the handling of the NEX-7 (e.g. MF)
    - I like the video pn the NEX-7
    Uwe Steinmueller
    -------------------

Editor&Owner of Digital Outback Photo
    http://www.outbackphoto.com

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

The 24mm Zeiss is now $100 higher ($1100 retail)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ashwinrao1 View Post
    Good to see you back with it, Jono. I am still debating the X-pro -1 , mainly curious about issues of AF and function over form, and your comments make me further consider holding off...
    I see absolutely no reason to own this camera if one already has an M9. Same size body, not full fame, probably slower to focus than you can do manually with an M. Yes, hi-iso is better but the focus issues would seem to null and void that. Take a deep breath, put away the credit card, relish in the amazing gear you already own, and wait to see what Leica have up their sleeve in a month.....
    http://charlespeterson.net

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by charlesphoto View Post
    I see absolutely no reason to own this camera if one already has an M9. Same size body, not full fame, probably slower to focus than you can do manually with an M. Yes, hi-iso is better but the focus issues would seem to null and void that. Take a deep breath, put away the credit card, relish in the amazing gear you already own, and wait to see what Leica have up their sleeve in a month.....
    HI There
    I completely agree . . . although the arrival of a quality f4 zoom might change things (assuming that Leica don't come out with something similar).

. . . and if you already have some M lenses (or R lenses), then a NEX is a better option because of the focus peaking.

Of course, if you have neither M lenses nor an M9, then things are different, and I can see the attraction - Fuji have obviously done a grand job in lots of areas, especially external controls, lenses and Image Quality.

Just this guy you know

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

I have shot Ms for many years and owned an M8 for a while. No way I can focus as accurately and as fast as the X-Pro1...not even close. Maybe others just have better skills, but I've owned M Leicas since I was 18, and there have been a few decades that have passed by since then.

I'd be more than pleased with just the 18-72mm f/4 and the 35/1.4. Very interested to see how the OVF will work with zooms...

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Assuming that the X Pro 1's TTL flash is not as good as that of the Sony , how does it compare with that of Leica's TTL flash?

Or these cameras are not supposed to be used with anything other than available darkness?

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Who needs flash with ISO 25,600?

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Robert, That is a good point. However, devious minds need them.

See Carl's post here: http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/405835-post185.html

While TTL is of no use, a flash would help in situations like that (not for that image, that one is just fine).

If by any chance there is near UV sensitivity (without any modifications), then a flash would be handy (again TTL is no use here).

Lowligh + fill flash, there are many possibilities in visible light photography.

I am really surprised that every other site that has a "review" has nothing to say about the flashes or the TTL. Don't Fuji ship them no flashes?

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

As far as I know, this flash is not shipping yet:

Fujifilm’s retro-styled EF-X20 flash formally announced - Imaging Resource

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by monza View Post
    I have shot Ms for many years and owned an M8 for a while. No way I can focus as accurately and as fast as the X-Pro1...not even close. Maybe others just have better skills, but I've owned M Leicas since I was 18, and there have been a few decades that have passed by since then.

I'd be more than pleased with just the 18-72mm f/4 and the 35/1.4. Very interested to see how the OVF will work with zooms...
    HI Robert
    Perhaps it depends on what the subject is - or possibly simply on practice. Sure - for faces at 6 feet AF works pretty well, for small objects with high contrast backgrounds it may not be the case. Manual focusing with an M gives one the feedback to KNOW what is in focus, and not having that feedback is (for me at least) a real problem with most optical AF systems. Phase detect is better because the focus points are much smaller and more discrete, but it can still be a problem. Focus peaking also allows one to see what is in focus.

I have several AF camera systems, but I always get a better hit rate of in focus shots with my M cameras.

Focusing on film M's was a whole different ball game, as you didn't get the instant feedback to help you learn what was in focus.

Just this guy you know

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by monza View Post
    Robert, Fuji sell a bigger, more powerful and versatile (very cheap, IMO) flash- the Fujifilm EF-42.

Any experience with that (TTL part) on XPro1 or X100?

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

HI Robert
    Perhaps it depends on what the subject is - or possibly simply on practice. Sure - for faces at 6 feet AF works pretty well, for small objects with high contrast backgrounds it may not be the case. Manual focusing with an M gives one the feedback to KNOW what is in focus, and not having that feedback is (for me at least) a real problem with most optical AF systems. Phase detect is better because the focus points are much smaller and more discrete, but it can still be a problem. Focus peaking also allows one to see what is in focus.

I have several AF camera systems, but I always get a better hit rate of in focus shots with my M cameras.

Focusing on film M's was a whole different ball game, as you didn't get the instant feedback to help you learn what was in focus.
    I only have had an X100 for few days but if the AF is same as the x1-pro from my first experience is that my hit rate with the x100 AF is pretty good. There are very few exceptions where the camera focused on the background by fault. But this was maybe 5% or less.

For me it seems at least equal to my hitrate of the M9. M9 you allways know where you focus, the X100 is sometimes a little quicker.

Overall I am surprised how much the X100 (and I expect the x1-pro to be the same) feels like shooting a Leica M rangefinder.

However I agree that a x1-pro doesnt make much sense to complement a M9 (IMO).

If we go back to the original question x1-pro vs Nex7: I can only say that I have more fun shooting the Fuji(x100) than shooting the Nex. I can get good result with both but I think I slightly prefer the Fujy color and noise behaviour. I like the optical viewfinder with frames, and the user interface of the Fuji.
    The Nex-on the other side allows you much more choices regarding lenses. So if you need all those different focal lengths and zooms and tele and third party lenses I would prefer the Nex.

If I didnt have (and like) a M9 I would immediatly order a x1-pro after my first experiences with the x100.

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Robert, Fuji sell a bigger, more powerful and versatile (very cheap, IMO) flash- the Fujifilm EF-42.

Any experience with that (TTL part) on XPro1 or X100?
    No, I haven't used any external flash with either camera