The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fuji & metabones adapter for Nikon G lenses

Paul2660

Now I am confused. The Nikon 24 TS-E has a manual aperture ring. You can turn it all the way to the left (I believe it's left) then you can control the aperture from the camera. But I remember it also has the manual ring. Will that not work with the Fiji adapter? I am wanting to use the 45mm P f F 2.8 which works the same way. It has the manual ring which you have to turn all the way to the left to f22 to then allow it to work on the D800.

Paul

doc4x5

Paul,

I just took two of my PC-E lenses, the 24 and the 85 and mounted them on the Fuji X T-1 with the Metabones Nikon G adapter. Regardless of how one manipulates the diaphragm on the lens or the control on the Metabones, the diaphragm of the PC-E lens does not move.

The "E" in PC-E means electronic. Nikon cameras control the diaphragm electronically, not mechanically. This is why I am unable to use any of these lenses, except with the diaphragm wide open on the Fuji cameras with the Metabones or any other adapter of which I am aware since they all use mechanical linkage only.

I hope this eases your confusion.

Eric