The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Nikon Lenses

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Long story, but I've decided to sell some of my favorite lenses of all time simply because I'm not using them enough -- more accurately I have not used any of these in the past 18 months, so it's time for them to move from my cabinet to a bag they'll get pulled from at least occasionally.

1) First up is a cheap goodie -- the Samyang 14 f2.8. Honestly, it's so inexpensive it's hardly worth selling ( :ROTFL: ) but I simply don't use it. EXC+++ condition throughout. It is manual focus but is chipped for body aperture control. It is surprisingly sharp corner to corner from f4 up, remarkable little lens. Includes original box, paperwork and caps: $275 shipped US

~~~

2) Next up is my Sigma ART 50/1.4. This is somewhat ironically the best 50 I have ever owned, but I have multiple 50's and always seem to migrate to one of my classic Nikkors -- probably just my age and nostalgia kicking in, but it is what it is. This lens is essentially mint with hardly any signs of use, and of course it's performance is legendary. Includes original box, paperwork, case, caps and hood: Asking $800 Shipped US

~~~

3) SOLD -- 85 f2.8 PC-E

~~~

4) DECIDED TO KEEP THIS ONE

Finally, one of my rarest Nikkors of all time, the 28mm f1.4 AF ASPH. (I believe the 58mm f1.2 NOCT is the only Nikon lens rarer than this.) These have become very difficult to find period, and finding one that is stellar optically is an order of magnitude more difficult. They are known for significant sample variation, likely due to the fact the technology at the time required the single ASPH element be hand ground. Nikon discontinued it because it was just too expensive to produce. I have used three or four different copies of this lens over the years, and this is by far the best -- all the others suffered either poor corners or notable decentering at wide apertures, and one had horrendous CA to boot. This one is stellar optically, very sharp corner to coner wide open, and of course gets superb on stopping down. It does show a little CA in the corners on modern sensors, but is easily correctable with modern CA tools. It is in EXC condition overall and mechanically perfect. BUT it has a tiny flaw in the front element -- a very light scratch in the coating about 2mm or 3mm long. I noted it when I bought it, and tested furiously to try and get it to show on an image -- even shot directly into bright lights from various angles to try and get a flare -- and it simply doesn't show up in its images. But it is there and and so I disclose it. I've tried my best to get it to show in the picture below with the 100% inset, and this is about as good as I could do without getting obsessive. Anyway, it remains a superb usable copy of this rare gem of a lens. Includes caps and the empty filter ring as shown, which makes a surprisingly good lens shade and front-element protector. I am discounting it about 15% off going market for the scratch: Asking $1950 shipped US

Open to offers.

Trades: The one lens I might consider taking in trade is a nice condition Nikkor 20mm f1.8 G

Last edited: