Site Sponsors

Thread: FS: Technical camera landscape kit: IQ3-100, 32HR, 60XL, 90HR, 120ASPH, 180HR, more

Post Thanks / Like

FS: Technical camera landscape kit: IQ3-100, 32HR, 60XL, 90HR, 120ASPH, 180HR, more

For Sale: The complete technical camera landscape kit: IQ3-100, 32HR, 60XL, 90HR, 120ASPH, 180HR, accessories

A difficult decision, but I am looking to sell my technical camera landscape kit.

This includes the Phase One IQ3 100 digital back which was, along with all of the lenses, originally acquired via our good friends at Capture Integration. There are 3,841 shots on the digital back and the latest firmware is installed. The back is clean, without any defects and produces beautiful and stunning images. All of the lenses are similarly clean, without defects and have been stored in protective pouches and a hard case. I have used the back solely in combination with the Cambo WRS-1200 technical camera for my professional landscape photography work. Those at Capture Integration, as well as several members of the GetDPI community, know me well and can speak to my background as well as the care that I take of my equipment. You can also view my website for the type of imagery I have created with this kit.

The package includes:

Phase One IQ3 100 with sensor cover, original packaging (large Pelican Case),
    7 batteries with Watson dual battery charger, Kapture Group Oneshot Cable Release and Hahnel Remote Shutter Release with ES Cable Adapter.
    Price: $15,000

Cambo WRS-1200 Wide RS Body with Cambo Rear Plate for M645 Interface.
    Price: $2,000

Rodenstock 32mm HR Digaron-W lens with Cambo Tilt/Shift Lenspanel and Copal 0 Shutter.
    Price: $9,000

Schneider Center Filter for Rodenstock 32mm HR
    Price: $ 750

Schneider 60mm XL Digitar L lens with Cambo Tilt/Shift Lenspanel and Copal 0 Shutter.
    Price: $6,000

Schneider Center Filter IIh for Schneider 60XL
    Price: $225

Rodenstock 90mm HR Digaron-SW lens with Cambo Tilt/Shift Lenspanel and Copal 0 Shutter. Includes Spacer.
    Price: $7,500

Schneider 120mm Digitar N ASPH Short Barrel with Cambo Tilt/shift Lenspanel and Copal 0 Shutter. Includes Spacer.
    Price: $5,000

Rodenstock 180mm Digaron HR-S Short Barrel with regular Cambo Lenspanel and Copal 0 Shutter. Includes Spacer.
    Price: $5,500

I have been told this is the holy grail of landscape kits. All I can say is that it is amazing to work with and, using proper technique, takes incredible images. The condition of everything is near excellent. All lenses have sought after Copal 0 shutters. With potential tariffs looming on imported lenses, the prices are well below market price.
    For anyone interested in purchasing the entire package I would reduce the package price to $46,500.

Shipment is via insured FedEx or UPS ground within CONUS. If in the NYC metro area, I will personally deliver to you.

Payment by wire transfer preferred. Other payment methods would be considered.
    If you have any questions, or would like additional photos, please feel free to PM or send an email to me.

Although I am not a frequent poster, I have been a long-time member of the forum.

Thank you for considering this purchase.

Andy

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tech Cam package.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	867.2 KB 
ID:	145410

Name:	DSCF5983.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	857.9 KB 
ID:	145408

Name:	DSCF5982.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	468.6 KB 
ID:	145409

Name:	DSCF5985.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	811.8 KB 
ID:	145406

Name:	DSCF5999.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	746.7 KB 
ID:	145411

Name:	DSCF5996.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	775.8 KB 
ID:	145402

Name:	DSCF5993.jpg 
Size:	717.8 KB 
ID:	145403

Name:	DSCF5990.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	774.9 KB 
ID:	145404

Name:	DSCF5986.jpg 
Size:	783.1 KB 
ID:	145405
    "Stories Without Words"
    Andrew Lerman Photography
    www.LermanPhoto.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: FS: Technical camera landscape kit: IQ3-100, 32HR, 60XL, 90HR, 120ASPH, 180HR, mo

Holy crap, that's an impressive kit and at least two of the lenses, SK60XL and SK120 ASPH, are almost impossible to find. They rarely come on the second hand market and have been out of production for years as Schneider has ceased making large format lenses. I own both and they are stellar lenses!

Peter
    Last edited by Pemihan; 2 Weeks Ago at 01:42.
    Peter
    Instagram
    My website
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: FS: Technical camera landscape kit: IQ3-100, 32HR, 60XL, 90HR, 120ASPH, 180HR, mo

HI Andy,

I just sent you a PM.

Cheers

Andrew

Post Thanks / Like

Pending sale of SK 120 ASPH. Will adjust package price for remaining items accordingly.
    "Stories Without Words"
    www.LermanPhoto.com
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Center filter for 32HR is sold.
    "Stories Without Words"
    www.LermanPhoto.com

Post Thanks / Like

Center filter for 32HR is sold.
    "Stories Without Words"
    www.LermanPhoto.com

Subscriber & Workshop Member GrahamWelland's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Damn - beaten to the bell on the 120 ASPH
    Remember: adventure before dementia!

The World is a book, and those that do not travel read only one page ...
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry Graham

Plenty of other goodies still available though.

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by GrahamWelland View Post
    Damn - beaten to the bell on the 120 ASPH
    "Stories Without Words"
    www.LermanPhoto.com

Post Thanks / Like

Center filter for 60 XL is sold.
    "Stories Without Words"
    www.LermanPhoto.com

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Andy

is 120mm lens sold yet?

Post Thanks / Like

The 120 ASPH is sold pending delivery, which is scheduled for 12/7.

Quote Originally Posted by ManlovesChihuahua View Post
    Hi Andy

is 120mm lens sold yet?
    "Stories Without Words"
    www.LermanPhoto.com

Post Thanks / Like

The Rodenstock 180HR-S is sold. As previously posted, the Schneider 120 ASPH, the center filter for the 32HR and the center filter for the 60XL are also all sold.

Here is what is still available:

Phase One IQ3 100 with sensor cover, original packaging (large Pelican Case),
    7 batteries with Watson dual battery charger, Kapture Group Oneshot Cable Release and Hahnel Remote Shutter Release with ES Cable Adapter.
    Price: $15,000

Price: $2,000

Rodenstock 32mm HR Digaron-W lens with Cambo Tilt/Shift Lenspanel and Copal 0 Shutter.
    Price: $9,000

Schneider 60mm XL Digitar L lens with Cambo Tilt/Shift Lenspanel and Copal 0 Shutter.
    Price: $6,000

Rodenstock 90mm HR Digaron-SW lens with Cambo Tilt/Shift Lenspanel and Copal 0 Shutter. Includes Spacer.
    Price: $7,500

For anyone interested in purchasing the entirety of the remaining package I would reduce the package price to $36,500.

Thanks

Andy
    "Stories Without Words"
    www.LermanPhoto.com

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting to note the strong interest for the Schneider 120 ASPH. I am myself looking for this lens.

May I ask why you are getting out of the technical camera business. Too heavy, too little use?

Post Thanks / Like

A not surprising number of people were looking into this lens. It will now have a new home.

Several people have asked the same question as you raised.

The answer to your question and the decision to sell my technical camera system is both difficult and simple. I love my gear. I love everything about a technical camera. The method, the process, the slow pace, the movements and the need to really think about what you want the image's story to tell. That is why I especially enjoy teaching how to use a technical camera. No Photoshop, get everything you need in the field, and hopefully in one shot. You really become a part of your imagery. If you visit my website, I think you will understand what I am talking about. So the hard and difficult thing, for me, is parting with the tech cam experience.

I do a fair amount of international travel as well as back country hiking. It's easy for my "light" pack to tip 40-50 pounds. I can handle the weight. But traveling internationally and trying to carry all, and I mean all, of my gear onto the plane is rapidly becoming a losing proposition. The airlines are becoming increasingly difficult. I will not check my equipment into the bowels of the plane. Too many bad experiences. People say take less stuff but that is not how I operate. I'd rather have something and not use it than need something and not have it. Same thing with back country hiking. 10 miles trekking on a rough trail or in a river and it gets a little weary. When I have to drive to a location up and down the east side of the country (where I live), that's no problem. But that is not the bulk of my work. So, the simple answer, albeit a sad one is I need to find a somewhat lighter, efficient, and more well rounded alternative. I sell large fine art prints, so I will still be in the high megapixel world, just not a tech cam, which I will certainly and sorely miss. There's no right or wrong here, just deciding on what is best overall for one's method of work.

Thanks for asking.

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by TheDude View Post
    Interesting to note the strong interest for the Schneider 120 ASPH. I am myself looking for this lens.

May I ask why you are getting out of the technical camera business. Too heavy, too little use?
    "Stories Without Words"
    www.LermanPhoto.com
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by anlerman View Post
    ... The answer to your question and the decision to sell my technical camera system is both difficult and simple. I love my gear. I love everything about a technical camera. The method, the process, the slow pace, the movements and the need to really think about what you want the image's story to tell. That is why I especially enjoy teaching how to use a technical camera. No Photoshop, get everything you need in the field, and hopefully in one shot. You really become a part of your imagery. If you visit my website, I think you will understand what I am talking about. So the hard and difficult thing, for me, is parting with the tech cam experience.

I do a fair amount of international travel as well as back country hiking. It's easy for my "light" pack to tip 40-50 pounds. ... But traveling internationally and ... back country hiking. 10 miles trekking on a rough trail or in a river and it gets a little weary. ... So, the simple answer, albeit a sad one is I need to find a somewhat lighter, efficient, and more well rounded alternative ...

Thanks for asking.

Andy
    And thanks for answering.

I am facing precisely the same conundrum. Anything less than a technical camera is a compromise but lugging heavy equipment is physically exhausting and I noted that at a certain point I simply stop taking photographs.

My current approach is to have a second, lightweight kit for travel and hiking. Instead of Linhof Techno a Silvestri Flexicam, instead of four Digaron-(S)W three Apo-Sironar Digital HR, and a true lightweight tripod (Three Legged Thing Anarchy Punks Brian).

Would love to make an offer on the 32mm since it would perfectly complement my 50 and 90mm Digaron-(S)W, but it would be another two pounds!

(Don’t want to hijack your sales thread any further.)

MN

Post Thanks / Like

No harm done

For landscapes, and it is totally a style thing, I think the 50 is a focal length in search of a place. I prefer to get low and close in on my landscapes (see my website), so the 32HR is the right balance of angle of view and compression. Plus its optics are as good as it gets. The 50, and again stylistically, was never wide enough for me for landscapes and not enough focal length to act as a "normal" lens. It's all about how we see things, there's no perfect answer and that is why we have such a wonderful selection of lenses to choose from.

You can always offset the extra two pounds of the 32HR with a lighter bag After all, this is Dante's Place.

Thanks,

Andy

And thanks for answering.

I am facing precisely the same conundrum. Anything less than a technical camera is a compromise but lugging heavy equipment is physically exhausting and I noted that at a certain point I simply stop taking photographs.

My current approach is to have a second, lightweight kit for travel and hiking. Instead of Linhof Techno a Silvestri Flexicam, instead of four Digaron-(S)W three Apo-Sironar Digital HR, and a true lightweight tripod (Three Legged Thing Anarchy Punks Brian).

Would love to make an offer on the 32mm since it would perfectly complement my 50 and 90mm Digaron-(S)W, but it would be another two pounds!

(Donít want to hijack your sales thread any further.)

MN
    "Stories Without Words"
    www.LermanPhoto.com

Post Thanks / Like

I think the 50 is a focal length in search of a place. I prefer to get low and close in on my landscapes (see my website), so the 32HR is the right balance of angle of view and compression.
    The 50mm Digaron-W (like the 32mm Digaron-W) can be used on the 36x24mm, 44x33mm, and 54x40mm sized sensor. Has on these sensor sizes the 35mm equivalent focal length of 50mm (obviously), 40mm, and 32mm, respectively.

I do agree, especially if shifting and/or stitching on a 645 format sensor, the 32mm Digaron-W is a very unique lens.

MN

Post Thanks / Like

FS: PRICE DROP Technical camera kit: IQ3-100, 32HR, 60XL, 90HR, accessories

Price drop for the remaining items:

1) Phase One IQ3 100 with sensor cover, original packaging (large Pelican Case),
    7 batteries with dual battery charger, Kapture Group Oneshot Cable Release and Hahnel Remote Shutter Release with ES Cable Adapter.

Price: $14,500

2) Cambo WRS-1200 Wide RS Body with Cambo Rear Plate for M645 Interface.

Price: $1,750

3) Rodenstock 32mm HR Digaron-W lens with Cambo Tilt/Shift Lenspanel and Copal 0 Shutter.

Price: $8,500

4) Schneider 60mm XL Digitar L lens with Cambo Tilt/Shift Lenspanel and Copal 0 Shutter.

Price: $5,500

5) Rodenstock 90mm HR Digaron-SW lens with Cambo Tilt/Shift Lenspanel and Copal 0 Shutter. Includes Spacer.

Price: $7,000

If anyone is interested in the entire package, the price would be further reduced to $32,500.

As stated in the original post, these items are in impeccable condition. All the lenses have Copal 0 shutters and have tilt/shift lens panels. Compared to prices of new items, this is quite a bargain.

Enjoy the holiday

Andy
    "Stories Without Words"
    www.LermanPhoto.com

Post Thanks / Like

Re: FS: PRICE DROP Technical camera kit: IQ3-100, 32HR, 60XL, 90HR, accessories

Phase One IQ3 100 with sensor cover, original packaging ... $14,500

This is a quite an attractive price for a very capable digital back especially when considering how much the IQ3 cost when released.

(Scary how prices dropped on used P1 digital backs!)
    Last edited by TheDude; 1 Week Ago at 12:12.

Post Thanks / Like

It's a great price for everything, not just the IQ3 !!

Andy

This is a quite an attractive price for a very capable digital back especially when considering how much the IQ3 cost when released.

(Scary how prices dropped on used P1 digital backs!)
    "Stories Without Words"
    www.LermanPhoto.com
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

It's a great price for everything
    Especially since the Digaron lenses are no longer available from Rodenstock with COPAL shutters.

I believe e-shutter add another $2K to a lens.
    Last edited by TheDude; 1 Week Ago at 09:51.

Post Thanks / Like

PM'd.
    Last edited by anlerman; 1 Week Ago at 18:36.
    "Stories Without Words"
    www.LermanPhoto.com

Post Thanks / Like

Bump
    "Stories Without Words"
    www.LermanPhoto.com

Post Thanks / Like

Sale of the Schneider 120 ASPH has been completed.
    "Stories Without Words"
    www.LermanPhoto.com

Post Thanks / Like

I just picked up the SK120 ASPH that Andy had for sale here. He was kind enough to hold the lens for me until we could meet up in NYC while I'm in town this weekend visiting family. This afternoon he accompanied me while I tested the lens out on some iconic local architecture (just posted in Technical Camera Images thread).The lens is as spectacular as I had hoped.

Overall a great transaction from a trusted photographer. Dante recommended - thank you, Andy!

John
    Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you John! I'm happy that the lens has found a good home! Enjoy it.

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by jng View Post
    I just picked up the SK120 ASPH that Andy had for sale here. He was kind enough to hold the lens for me until we could meet up in NYC while I'm in town this weekend visiting family. This afternoon he accompanied me while I tested the lens out on some iconic local architecture (just posted in Technical Camera Images thread).The lens is as spectacular as I had hoped.

Overall a great transaction from a trusted photographer. Dante recommended - thank you, Andy!

John
    "Stories Without Words"
    www.LermanPhoto.com
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Hereís updated pricing to get everyone into the holiday spirit.

Phase One IQ3 100 with sensor cover, original packaging (large rolling Pelican Case),
    7 batteries with Watson dual battery charger, LCC, Kapture Group Oneshot Cable Release and Hahnel Remote Shutter Release with ES Cable Adapter.
    Price: $14,250

Price: $1,500

Price: $8,250

Price: $5,250

Price: $6,750

A package price for the entire kit is $32,500.

For anyone interested in entering the tech cam universe or is looking to fill the gaps in their existing kit, this offering is exceptional. Copal 0 shutters, tilt/swing lens panels, the best lenses available, what more could you want!

Happy holidays.

Andy
    "Stories Without Words"
    www.LermanPhoto.com