Site Sponsors

Thread: WTB custom music for Website

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

WTB custom music for Website

Okay, there are so many talented people on GetDPI that I thought I'd ask here first and keep it in the family so to speak

I'm in process with my wedding website which is up and running now (take a look even if you aren't a musician and send me some business for God's sake ... I'm dying here ) I do destination weddings BTW.

www.fotografz.com

I'm adjusting the photo content on the run, but the one thing I haven't solved is the music. I currently have a royalty free piece on just the home page portion which is a loop that bumps when it repeats ... I like the style of the piece, and it's fine for the short term, but I want a longer piece that isn't so repetitive and loops seamlessly so my web master can put over the whole site.

PM me if you are interested or know a source that won't kill me financially. Or direct contact Marc Williams at [email protected]

-Marc

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Re: WTB custom music for Website

I use Royalityfreemusic.com for my DVD's give them a try as they have a huge selection.

Don
    Don Libby
    Iron Creek Photography
    Blog
    Tucson AZ

Post Thanks / Like

Another one is www.triplescoopmusic.com

Shelby Lewis

Lots of stuff from independent musicians from across the globe (a wide variety of genres as well)... a subsidiary of Getty Images : Pump Audio

I've used them before for slideshow music...

DougDolde

First thing I do when I encounter a website with music is look for a way to turn it off. If I don't find it in less than 2 seconds I'm gone.

By the way your home page loads way too slow for most people to wait for.
    Last edited by DougDolde; 25th May 2010 at 12:06.

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by DougDolde View Post
    First thing I do when I encounter a website with music is look for a way to turn it off. If I don't find it in less than 2 seconds I'm gone.

I have to agree with both points. On a personal level your photos are easily worth the wait. From a marketing point of view I think it's far too weighty (with respect to download times and CPU consumption).

Also if I can't mute music on a website it really annoys me. I don't know if you do your own coding.

It's only tangentially related but here is the best online music player I've come across: http://aurgasm.us/

I also cannot stand Flash, but that's a topic akin to religion and politics :-).

I've linked you to my friend Tom who did the music for my recent time lapses:
    http://www.doug-peterson.com/view-fr...er-pent-house/
    http://www.doug-peterson.com/brickel-time-lapse/
    http://www.doug-peterson.com/timelapse/

Doug Peterson (e-mail Me)
    Newsletter: Read Latest or Sign Up
    RSS Feed: Subscribe
    Buy Capture One at 10% off
    Personal Work

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by DougDolde View Post

RE: Music ... grumpy old men may pay for wedding photography ... but they aren't the ones who buy it ...

I agree the HP loads slower than I'd like ... the price for larger images I guess. I'll ask my web master if there's a way to speed it up.

Most of the young women that go there are on a mission based on a referral or direct contact, so they'll wait a few seconds ... I don't depend on it to generate inquires and never have. Most just skip to the wedding category tab at the bottom which loads in 3 seconds on cable feed. A vast majority of prospects visit while at work on optimized business cable systems.

But faster would be better.

Thanks for the info on music ...

-Marc