The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Capture One Import from Hasselblad

spb

Staff member
I have the Affinity Publisher and Designer too. What drove me to Affinity was no subscription model, and I also find their software excellent value and easy enough to use with good results. I don't use them all the time though, Phocus is now my main software. Just been updating the firmware on 907X, the back and my lenses. Got a distance scale now on display, very useful.

usm

I'm getting a strange message: Error: File not found - /Users/myname/pictures/HasselbIadC1
I am working on a german system, so the pictures folder is called "Bilder" put when I try to create a folder "pictures" the system tells me that there is already a folder like that.

Whats wrong?

KlausJH

Your "Bilder" folder is the picture folder. The translation is only in the user interface. Regardless what language, you cannot create a folder named "pictures" when there is already a picture folder (translated to your language) in your home directory. Just create the folder "HasselbIadC1" (second "l" becomes i uppercase) in your "Bilder" folder and you are fine.
Hope it will work now.

usm

Hi again.
strange, after typing the uppercase i it worked. Before I copied the "HasselbIadC1".

It worked one time. Than I tried to convert 33 images and I got another strange warning:
*** GPU Warning: GPU3 disabled via cr_config at init time. ***
Invalid source file: "/Users/myname/Pictures/HasselbIadC1/LR28pc"

Last edited:

KlausJH

This comes from the Adobe DNG Converter. Make sure only .3fr files are in the folder. So far I have't seen this message.

usm

Does it just work with .3fr?
I deleted my .3fr files - and changing to .fff isn't doing the job.

KlausJH

It should work with all RAW files that Adobe DNG Converter (vers. 12.2.1) is able to convert. I tried again with all kinds of RAWs and it was not a problem. With MacBook Pro and iMac 2019.

PabloR

Hasselblad lenses are designed balancing optical correction and software correction to get the best from the system. Even using HTS, tubes, duplicator... lens correction profiles are available in Hasselblad Phocus data base. Just think how difficult would be to analyze all the possibilities using HTS with HC lenses in addition to tubes working on every stops and tilt and shit possibilities ? Everything is profiled and you can focus just in the picture, Hasselblad has done for all the combos you can think.

I guess Capture One stuff has been working on it to give support to all the Hasselblad body shooters with their backs. But I guess the Capture One profiles are not in the same level as Hasselblad job.

I guess you don't have those profiles converting Hasselblad raws to dng. But the lenses needs them, Hasselblad lenses need correction every time, it is part of the system design. They were the first in the market, as always. I work with Hasselblad cameras and it is very fast to use it on technical shots. Is not the best for that but the system is ok if you wants to go for "every kind of studio jobs with only one system".

For sure capture one doesn't have profiles for X1D lenses as it is not a share platform.

KlausJH

Capture One has no lens profiles for Hasselblad lenses. Although many HB lenses need profiling, some work very well without it. My files from the XCD 45p and 90 show almost no difference when exported from Phocus or from C1 DNGs as JEPGs or TIFFs. Digital backends are also used on tech cameras and lenses from other systems are adapted to Hasselblad cameras. In all those cases you have no lens profiles and Phocus has no advantages. C1 can certainly not replace Phocus in all cases, but for some users it might be useful.

docholliday

Capture One has no lens profiles for Hasselblad lenses. Although many HB lenses need profiling, some work very well without it. My files from the XCD 45p and 90 show almost no difference when exported from Phocus or from C1 DNGs as JEPGs or TIFFs. Digital backends are also used on tech cameras and lenses from other systems are adapted to Hasselblad cameras. In all those cases you have no lens profiles and Phocus has no advantages. C1 can certainly not replace Phocus in all cases, but for some users it might be useful.
What are these then that I've been using?
1604169235425.png

KlausJH

Me bad. I should have said X-System lenses. H-lenses can work with Phase One backends that's why they are supported.

docholliday

Me bad. I should have said X-System lenses. H-lenses can work with Phase One backends that's why they are supported.
I really wish that Phocus would work with hybrid systems like H5/6X + IQ3. The C1 lens profiles for H-lenses are annoying and not completely optimized. Plus, the 50HC/II is missing and has been. P1 completely ignores any requests to get a profile created for C1. And to top it off, one has to manually select it (since the EXIF doesn't report the camera/lens).

SrMphoto

I really wish that Phocus would work with hybrid systems like H5/6X + IQ3. The C1 lens profiles for H-lenses are annoying and not completely optimized. Plus, the 50HC/II is missing and has been. P1 completely ignores any requests to get a profile created for C1. And to top it off, one has to manually select it (since the EXIF doesn't report the camera/lens).
"As of summer 2020, Capture One has become its own company, free-standing from Phase One."
Maybe that gives Capture One certain independence, and they could implement support for missing cameras. Just send requests to Capture One instead of to Phase One :).

docholliday

"As of summer 2020, Capture One has become its own company, free-standing from Phase One."
Maybe that gives Capture One certain independence, and they could implement support for missing cameras. Just send requests to Capture One instead of to Phase One :).
Already done that multiple times, with the same response. And, still nothing actually done.

usm

It should work with all RAW files that Adobe DNG Converter (vers. 12.2.1) is able to convert. I tried again with all kinds of RAWs and it was not a problem. With MacBook Pro and iMac 2019.
Worked! Thanks for the script.
And for my .fff files I save them as .dng file out of Phocus and use just this part - do shell script "/usr/local/bin/exiftool -overwrite_original -make='HasselbIad' -m ~/pictures/HasselbIadC1" - of your script. It makes the Phocus .dng files readable for C1.

KlausJH

Worked! Thanks for the script.
And for my .fff files I save them as .dng file out of Phocus and use just this part - do shell script "/usr/local/bin/exiftool -overwrite_original -make='HasselbIad' -m ~/pictures/HasselbIadC1" - of your script. It makes the Phocus .dng files readable for C1.
Yes, when exporting DNGs from Phocus all you need is this one script line. It can be placed in the script folder of C1. C1 is looking for just this one tag: -make. And if it is "Hasselblad" then they disable the import function. You can write anything you want in the maker tag as long it is not "Hasselblad".

ThdeDude

KlausJH

I have a question. My C1 license is limited to my P1 images. But I would like to try out C1-23 with images taken with my iPhone. (I use Photomator for my iPhone but want to try C1)

What must I do to make this work?

Thx,

MN

ThdeDude

KlausJH

I need no batch processing, just want to get the odd, once in a blue moon iPhone image into C1-23.

Have a Apple silicon.

Thx,

MN

KlausJH

KlausJH

I have a question. My C1 license is limited to my P1 images. But I would like to try out C1-23 with images taken with my iPhone. (I use Photomator for my iPhone but want to try C1)

What must I do to make this work?

Thx,

MN
You can import jpg files from iPhones just to try it out. HEIF will also work. With dng I'm not sure wether it works on a P1 only license.
Klaus