The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Schneider Apo Digitar M (Macro) 5,6/80 mm, Schneider Helical-focusing mount,

Alkibiades

For Sale:
Schneider Apo Digitar M (Macro) 5,6/80 mm in Aperture mount, on Schneider Helical-focusing mount,
last generation macro lenses,
I have two copies,
- one new, just putted out of the package, price 850 euro
- one used, perfect working, perfect glasses, with stronger sights of usement on the fiterring., price: 650 euro
both lenses deliver best macro performance for a low price compared to other options.
I am located in EU.

Joeintoronto

Ok, I am a new member, couldn’t see photos before - looks like you only have lenses in the helical mounts. I believe I am looking for just the helical mount.

Alkibiades

These lenses are mounted on the helical mount, I dont sale the helical mount separatly.

Last edited:

degrub

i may be interested in the "new" lens. i have searched for how to remove the helical focusing portion, but not found anything. i do not need the focusing or shutter features as this will be mounted on a bellows. Any direction for how to remove ?
thanks.
Frank.

Will Deleon

i may be interested in the "new" lens. i have searched for how to remove the helical focusing portion, but not found anything. i do not need the focusing or shutter features as this will be mounted on a bellows. Any direction for how to remove ?
thanks.
Frank.
@JeffK might have some insight on this. If I can recall, he recently did something similar.

4x5Australian

i do not need the focusing or shutter features as this will be mounted on a bellows. Any direction for how to remove ?
thanks.
Frank.
Frank, there is no shutter.

It's likely that the helical focus mount cannot be removed from the lens and iris mount assembly. According to @rdeloe in this thread, the iris mount is bonded firmly to the helical focus mount: Little review of Apo Digitar 5,6/100 mm | The GetDPI Photography Forum. I bought one of the iris-mounted 100mm lenses and Arca-Swiss confirmed to me that the helical focuser cannot be removed from the lens and iris assembly without endangering the lens. (Arca simply mounted the entire assembly for me at less cost than normal.)

However, in any case, you don't need to attempt to remove the helical focuser. Just screw the base of the helical focuser to a normal lens board using screws through the three holes on the bottom lip. Then focus using either your camera or the helical focuser. This iris mount version of the lens is very simple to install in many different situations. It's also much more convenient in use than the normal Copal shutter-mounted version.

Last edited:

degrub

Apologies for hijacking the for sale thread. i will move this discussion elsewhere.

i was intending to use the Novoflex Balpro 1 bellows system with the lens. Uncertain if the diameter of their end plate is large enough to allow direct mounting of the focusing unit. i have sent them an inquiry. They do have Copal 0 adapter plates and 46mm V groove adapter plates.

Please reply in this thread -

Frank

Last edited:

Alkibiades

it is very easy to mount these helical focus mount on a novoflex lens board with copal 0 : just use a little bit express glue and its done, you don't need to use screws. and its very stabile, you need very strong hands to remove it again.

degrub

If i understand correctly, it is glued to the Rollei plate which mounts into the Novoflex capture flange ?
How do you assure correct axial alignment on the Rollei adapter plate ?

What is "express glue " ?

What is shown in the pic "8405" - specifically the silver ring ?

Last edited:

Alkibiades

If i understand correctly, it is glued to the Rollei plate which mounts into the Novoflex capture flange ?
How do you assure correct axial alignment on the Rollei adapter plate ?

What is "express glue " ?

What is shown in the pic "8405" - specifically the silver ring ?
it is not glued but it can be.
it is only presentation.
in every shop you get express glue oder super glue from UHU or Patex or what ever.
its dry after 10 seconds.
The glue is very tihin, you just need 4 drops, positioned all over the helocod, than put it on the lensboard , check the position and press few seconds, that all.
this is novoflex plate, rollei is written there just becouse the novoflex was done for Rollei cameras. it is the same for all other camera
systems.