The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by DaveS

1. D

What am I doing wrong or missing?

Hi, I think the spring is part of every TRI-Elmar, it actually changes the effect length of the cut out on the M mount. It pulls a piece of metal along the M mount that tells the Camera which frame lines to show so it matches the focal length set on the lens. When you add 6 bit coding, it...
  2. D

3. D

Hi, it does work well on a M body. I have the TRI-E 28-35-50 V2 with the 49mm filter thread and 6 Bit coded by Leica. I have attached pictures showing the mounting ring with a spring on part of the M mount. It moves in 3 different positions when you go between focal lengths. On the back...
  4. D

Leica SL3

Hi all, I have had the SL3 since last Thursday and have been playing around with it a lot. I also had the SL1 and still have the SL2. (Plus M's and CL) I agree with the statement that it seems smaller and lighter than the specs. It just feels more compact and to me more comfortable. I...
  5. D

Fun with M11 Monochrom

Yes, using M11 (Color - not M) with grip and battery works well. It has has tight tolerances so if you tighten the grip slightly on an angle (which is hard to do since it fits into place well) you can make it bump a bit. Also, I like the built in Arca Swiss and also especially how light it...
  6. D

How about more and more fun with Canon...

oops it was R6 Dave
  7. D

Another shot at the opposite end of the focal length spectrum - R5 plus 16mm RF 2.8 This is Christmas Eve candle light service at a local church. The image was cropped a bit on both sides and top to make it straight. Dave
  8. D

Canon R5 with EF 600mm F4 III plus 2X III extender plus EF to RF adapter. (and a lot of shots before I got it clear enough leaning on a railing) (This was earlier this year when the planet was at it's closest to Earth, at least on the same side of the sun as we were.) Dave
  9. D

M11 Images

Here are 2 more. The first is F1.4 the second is F5.6. I think wide open suits the scene a lot more. Also, you can't tell in these pictures, but wide open the lights on the house across the street have big wings, where as at F5.6 everything crisps right up.
  10. D

M11 Images

M11 with new Steel Rim Summilux 35mm - gives a very soft and smooth image at F1.4. If you have bright light sources or high contrast transitions they get very glowy as well at F1.4. Shot at F1.4 - last shot is cropped, all shot a minimum focus distance of 3 feet. Enjoying it, but still...
  11. D

Medium Format compared to Leica M11 - night shot

Thanks Vieri, maybe with the M10-R as trade in it might be less of an upgrade difference 😀 Also SrMphoto, for exposure of these shots I dialed in -1.7 since from experience of this view I found that works best. (Matrix metering). But what also impresses me still is how clean ISO 64 files are...
  12. D

M11 Images

Hi all, here are some Spring shots in Vancouver with the M11 and various lenses. (Summarit 75mm, Summarit 50mm, CV 28mm Vintage ASPH, Tele-Elmarit 90mm F2.8) These are all very small light lenses, and with one lens on the Black M11, it basically feels like carrying just the body weight of a...
  13. D

Oops, didn't mean to make it a blind test. 1 and 3 are Leica and 2 and 4 are Hasselblad. You are correct though on the crispness, but it might be partly due to the 60MP vs 50MP, the higher magnification (75mm vs 64mm), and possibly the lens itself. But what was interesting to me was when I...
  14. D

Hi all, we had a (rare so far) clear spring night in Vancouver Canada last night and I did a quick test of a M11 with a M75mm F1.4 lens vs a Hasselblad XCD II with a V 80mm F2.8 C T*. So basically new camera bodies for both, but 'old school' lenses on both. The Leica was set to F5.6 and the...
  15. D

Hasselblad XCD 45 F4 Difference between the Original 45/3.5

Yes that is right, the focus noise is still there, but sort of 'smooth' and noticeable, while the shutter sound is much quieter. Also focus bracketing now works, my lens is currently at V0.1.26 Dave