The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by doccdiamond

1. doccdiamond

A macro lens for the view camera

Interesting enough I used the Rodie HR-Dig W 90mm for macro work (watches) with some extension tubes - VERY sharp. I was really surprised. Can't comment on field curveture or anything like repro work, but for objects just in the center it was unbelievable great. Discussed it at ALPA and they...
  2. doccdiamond

Shift solution for X2D?

The Rodie 40mm is awesome - could not start better in the Tech Cam world
  3. doccdiamond

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

My last years Christmas card... - the ultimate Medium Format Christmas Card (or wishlist???) ;)
  4. doccdiamond

[Help] Choosing the right lens for my first tech cam

Rodenstock 40 HR. Absolut first fantastic lens. Not too heavy, not to much distortion, if sometimes not wide enough still very good for stitching. Love it!
  5. doccdiamond

live view on a CCD

As said, live view is slow but works (IQ260 user). In practice for longer distances the ALPA-HPF-ring & Leica Disco Combo is my preferred setup (live view for framing with f32 - most of times no need for an ND). For near distance-work with a very slow movement of the helical you can get used to...
  6. doccdiamond

Advice (technical) camera paired with Credo 60 and/or H6D-100C

That is a very well working combo- ALPA + IQ260/Credo60. I use my IQ260 always in combination with a Leica Disco and dial in the distance with the ALPA HPF-scale/irng on each lens - very precise and well working. As mentioned live-view is very slow (but doable), but I only use it in very rare...
  7. doccdiamond

X2D 100C Firmware Update (2.0.0)

The later versions not…- for whatever reason
  8. doccdiamond

KINGSTON, Rhode Island Train Station

That‘s a compliment! Many thx!!!
  9. doccdiamond

KINGSTON, Rhode Island Train Station

It is indeed a very nice station. I remember a couple of years ago there was a small museum inside unfortunately closed these days. I used the train many times to go to NYC or Boston from there. My colleagues always wondered why taking the train but coming from Switzerland this was even in the...
  10. doccdiamond

X2D 100C Firmware Update (2.0.0)

If I am right the first Leica M Monochrom (M9 based, CCD) had a Raw-histogram as well…
  11. doccdiamond

Hasselblad discontinues the H?

The Sinar E-Shutter production has been discontinued.
  12. doccdiamond

Do Not walk into Leica Stores

Ars-Imago send them out to Italy? - that's why it takes so long. There is one shop which a developing unit in house, not sure about the turnaround time: www.camerastore.ch
  13. doccdiamond

has anyone tried the Hasselblad CFV II 50c with tech camera?

More and more of topic...😂🤣 ..but true!
  14. doccdiamond

It is, and from the first even better batch....- but to cure a little bit the gear fever - I only used it for a test and do not own it. Not to forget - it looks good on an ALPA TC as well...- even closer to an SWC...
  15. doccdiamond

Sorry for posting - wouldn't want to harm you...😂;)