The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by doccdiamond

1. doccdiamond

How to shoot Down with Arca-Swiss L60 / L75

The bubble levels…- the more you have the more choices are there :) no matter if electronic or classic…
  2. doccdiamond

It’s on their website under accessories/Q system quick release plates….
  3. doccdiamond

That works very well and is not heavy. See my former post
  4. doccdiamond

I am willing to share :) The whole setup with an ALPA TC - works great with the ALPA Plus as well. The "corner-piece" (called so by Novoflex) comes with two Arca-compatible dove tails. For the camera I use simply the 1/4" screw and not an additional dove tail clamp.
  5. doccdiamond

IQ3-100 Spirit level

Not remember exactly but a long push or double push on the leveling symbol?
  6. doccdiamond

I love my Leveler 75. For the rare occasions of angle-limitation (mainly 90 degree) I add a small Novoflex Corner piece QPL 4590. Simple solution which is still rigid enough with a Technical Camera.
  7. doccdiamond

Phase One XT Rodenstock 90mm f/5.6 in-depth review

Fully agreed, just wanted to make sure that readers get to know that there are technical cameras around (like the ALPA Pano) which could make use of the full angle of coverage of this great lens even if it is not a P1 camera (but most likely a P1 back…;). Best Peter
  8. doccdiamond

Phase One XT Rodenstock 90mm f/5.6 in-depth review

But there are other Technical Cameras available which can make use of the full Angle of Coverage…;)
  9. doccdiamond

Leica S mirrorless under development

Just read an interview in a Swiss online magazine that Stefan Daniel (VP Leica Technology development ?) officially confirmed an S mirrorless camera under development. Recently there was a rumor at leicarumors.com but now it is official. No specs or timeframe so far… Even the local Leica Store...
  10. doccdiamond

Suggestions for Medium Format Camera with CCD Sensor

Would highly recommend a Phaseone IQ260/360. Great (and big) sensor, good user interface in terms of screen etc.. You could pair it with Hasst, Phaseone, Contax or whatever you want. Should be available used especially in Hassy H, V and P1/Mamiya mount. Contax might be more difficult o get. I...
  11. doccdiamond

The great tripod & head thread!

Cube is nice but I decided for the Leveler 75. So compact! As I do mainly architecture the +-15° are good enough. If I need 90° I use a 90° adapter by Novoflex with Arca interface.
  12. doccdiamond

The great tripod & head thread!

Fully agreed! I use the exact similar combo for all my architectural shootings with the Alpa Plus. Works great but has a certain size and weight - of course. But even in full extension very well usable!
  13. doccdiamond

ALPA 12 Pano going back into production

Will follow your advice 😉 Happy that at ALPA HQ after the takeover of the new owner they are gaining speed in certain directions…
  14. doccdiamond

:) fully agree -at the beginning I thought it is not of any interest for me. Continuing to follow the discussions I might have to call the ALPA's for a trial...
  15. doccdiamond

Waiting for the Phaseone bargains…😉 there will never be a P1 with such a niche in the niche product. Even for P1 to specialized. And nobody is forced to buy it.