The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by hypermanual

1. H

WTB: Schneider Apo-Artar 240mm F/9.0 & 270mm F/9.0 in a shutter

Hello everyone, I'm looking for a travel-friendly long-ish lens for 4x5. All of my lenses are Schneider's, so to satisfy my latent OCD I would like to add one of the Apo-Artars to my set. I have been also considering G-Clarons, but these have way bigger image circle than I need, so I'd rather...
  2. H

Intrepid Camera new lens and LF shutter project

https://kosmofoto.com/2024/03/intrepid-camera-unveils-new-150mm-large-format-lens-and-shutter/ Intrepid Camera, British analog camera manufacturer, has announced a new large format 150mm lens with an electronic shutter. They will be launching Kickstarter campaign later this year, aiming for a...
  3. H

Positive feedback for @anyone

I have recently bought a lens from (@anyone). Everything went quickly, smoothly, and securely. It was a pleasure doing business with him and I wholeheartedly recommend his listings. Thank you very much, anyone.
  4. H

Custom lens mounts for Alpa cameras from Alvandi

https://www.mr-alvandi.com/products/ALVANDI-ALPA-helical-focus-mount-lens-board.html Alvandi camera systems now offers lens boards with helicoids that fit Alpa TC, STC and SWA cameras. Sounds like a way to use analog era gems like Nikkor SW 90/8 on your tech cam.
  5. H

World's first full-frame global shutter camera

If anyone's interested, Lenstip (Poland based lab testing site) put some high iso (up to 8000) samples online at https://www.optyczne.pl/19385-news-Sony_A9_III_i_FE_300_mm_f_2.8_GM_-_zdj%C4%99cia_przyk%C5%82adowe.html
  6. H

Analog Film SW ISO Evening Night

Currently the most sensitive films on the market (by ISO rating indicated on the box) are Ilford Delta 3200, Kodak T-Max P3200 and Kodak Portra 800. The first two are black and white, the last one is color negative. T-Max P3200 is only available in 35mm roll, the other two are also available in...
  7. H

WTB: Schneider Kreuznach Tele-Arton-S 250mm/5.6

Looking for the latest version of the 250mm Schneider tele lens for large format view cameras. This lens in the Schneider's brochure is called 'apo tele xenar' but I don't think it was ever manufactured under that name - so far I have only seen it with the label Tele-Arton-S. The latest version...
  8. H

Positive feedback for Alkibiades

I have bought multiple items from Alkibiades, and I'm pretty sure I'm going to return for more. Big thumbs up!
  9. H

WTB: Zeiss lenses for Hasselblad V

Maybe. Personally I don't feel like spending more than 2k on it. 100/3.5 CFi is higher on my want to buy list.
  10. H

Hasselblad Carl Zeiss V lenses on Pentax 645Z: Disregard: OMIT

Richard didn't mention 180/4 sonnar. This one is often said to be one of the very best :) Btw maybe take a look at MTF charts on hasselbladhistorical website: https://hasselbladhistorical.eu/HW/HWLds.aspx
  11. H

150/2.8 is an F-type lens, with no leaf shutter built in. It's a very good lens, but I have not yet tried it on digital.
  12. H

Hasselblad Carl Zeiss V lenses on Pentax 645Z: Disregard: OMIT

You can't use the leaf shutter within hasselblad lens, and you also need to manually stop down the aperture. Flash triggering should work normally, synchronized with the camera's shutter, but without Pentax TTL (although I'm pretty sure Pocket wizard doesn't support it anyway).
  13. H

Bump for the thread with an update - recently acquired Sonnar 150/2.8, so no longer looking for that one. Interested the most in 100/3.5, 110/2, 350/4 and the PC-Mutar shift 1.4 teleconverter.
  14. H

Bump for the thread. The list is up to date, except I'm no longer looking for 120/4 macro, and will consider 110/2 FE if it's reasonably priced (as a point of reference - one went on eBay not long ago for around 2200 Euro).