The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by mjm6

1. mjm6

Hasselblad V purchase... any later models to avoid?

Well that just saved me $2500 probably. Thanks for the info on the lenses on a GFX body.
  2. mjm6

There is a guy named James Kilroy in MA that does repairs. I don't have contact info on him, other than that he is in Warwick, MA. He did the CLA on my camera. Beyond that, I cannot speak for his work. ...just found an email address: [email protected]
  3. mjm6

Thanks all... I now have a 501C that had a CLA last fall and it looks great (and works great as well). 4- A12 backs, a 50mm, 80mm, 150mm, and 250mm and *gulp* I just ordered a SWC/M that seemed like a fair deal (and I got the newer viewfinder for it). I need to get a Hasselblad to GF lens...
  4. mjm6

Positive feedback for @Rayt

I purchased a Hasselblad finer from @rayt and had good communication, great and honest description, and fast shipping. From my experience, I can recommend him in the future.
  5. mjm6

FS: Hasselblad PM45 with 42462 magnifier

I had a great interaction with Ray and am now the new owner of the PM45 he had. Excellent seller.
  6. mjm6

Thanks for that... This is my impression baseed on what I have seen so far, but since I have no personal experience, I thought I'd ask. I will be metering with a spot meter, so I will likely just go with a WL finder rather than any of the pentaprisms. I won't use the TTL at all, but as long as...
  7. mjm6

Folks, I'm looking at buying a Hasselblad 501/503 model camera for some film shooting and I am trying to figure out if there are any bodies that are best to avoid for some reason (reliability, replacement perts, etc.) My main target is the 501CM, but they are somewhat scarce in the condition...
  8. mjm6

Greater then 1:1 Macro with Sony A7R

If you are looking in to bellows, I would strongly suggest the Olympus line. They made a lot of excellent bellows gear, and the prices are generally lower than the Canon or Nikon lines because fewer people are using them. I put together a few different bellows systems with the Olympus products...
  9. mjm6

Please recommended an affordable light tripod for travel

I did this evaluation a while ago, and found that I liked this Feisol tripod: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/848831-REG/FEISOL_CT_3442_Tournament_CT_3442_Rapid_Tripod.html The main reason I chose this one is that it is short enough to fit in a normal carry-on bag. Most of the others...
  10. mjm6

Sony Please Square Format with A7RII cameras!

I would prefer an add-on program for the A series cameras that allow a few things... 1. Set up a grid on the screen TO YOUR OWN SPECIFICATIONS! Not just the default one in the operating system. 2. Permit the screen to have a white border or other method of showing the edges and corners of the...
  11. mjm6

Another comparison of Sony A7rII raw formats

Erik, Thanks for doing the subtraction... It appears that the image you have doesn't have enough contrast in it to cause visible artifacts for the most part, as the subtraction image took a huge push to get visible differences... However, the compression artifacts aren't an intentional image...
  12. mjm6

Can you provide a citation for evidence that converting to DNG causes the file to contain less meaningful data? I appreciate that the file may be smaller, but it may not contain less usable information, depending on how it is compressed. I'm trying to figure out my long term storage options...
  13. mjm6

Can you take the images and do a subtraction of the two in PS? You will surely see noise, but I suspect you will also see an outline of the cups that reflects the differences associated with the compression. Be careful not to do any image file format conversions in LR or PS before you do this...
  14. mjm6

A7Rii - is this a problem with IBIS?

May not be, but it looks like heat shimmer to me. Try to duplicate the same shooting conditions (camera and lens settings), and see if it occurs again. I suspect you will find that everything is OK, except if you happen to have similar heat shimmer effects... This is the exact same optical...