The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

drunkenspyder

That is fantastic, thank you so much! I love the station and hope to get back there soon. I'm only 15 minutes away for crying' out loud :).
Good luck! I love the station as well. So many perspectives to explore. My first visit was in the morning while on the California Zephyr. The second time, when I made this image, was while I was on a cross-country EV trip. Day or night, it’s beautiful. And there is so much else to photograph in LoDo as well.

Last edited:

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
The World Trade Center Transportation Hub Oculus.
View attachment 195500
Phase XT | IQ4.150 | Rodie 32mm | f/8 | 1/800 | 23-image stitch
That’s a fabulous image!

A few years back I got a "street photography" image of the Oculus. It's quite a contrast in mood! This was one of those jump out of the car to get the photo pics.
Leica S, Contax 140/2.8.

Best,

Matt

Last edited:

drunkenspyder

Fabulous image! A few years back I got a "street photography" image of the Oculus. It's quite a contrast in mood! This was one of those jump out of the car to get the photo pics.
Leica S, Contax 140/2.8.

Best,

Matt

Matt
Matt, I really like that street shot of the Hub. I love how the “sculpture structure” is functionally wedged right where it needs to be and creates beautiful art out of the space. Makes it such a delightful challenge to image. You nailed it. I hope to do some indoor work on next trip.

Last edited:

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Matt, I really like that street shot of the Hub. I love how the “sculpture structure” is functionally warped right where it needs to be and creates beautiful art out of the space. Makes it such a delightful challenge to image. You nailed it. I hope to do some indoor work on next trip.
Thank you!
The interior is as endlessly fascinating as the exterior. I look forward to seeing your work!

Last edited:

steflaurent974

The next one is a more sad one. This is La mer de Glace, famous glacier ; I went there 25 years ago and since there, according to scientists on the site it has lost 95 meters of thickness. You have to walk down by stairs for quite a long time to reach the front of the glacier. Still beautiful mountains, but in 5O years you won't be able to see any ice from this point of view...

Stéphane.

B0008585-HDR.jpg

erlingmm

Phase One IQ4 on XT with 32mm Rodenstock.
This picture shows the strength of the IQ4 back, shot straight towards the sun, without blown highlights, with the double exposure function, which shows full detail in the old lighthouse, that normally would have been just a shadow. Probably dynamic range of 17-18 stops.
ISO 100, 1/2500 sec, f/6,3, double exposure.
At "Verdens Ende" (The end of the world), NorwayP0007402 2.jpg

Last edited:

drunkenspyder

This picture shows the strength of the IQ4 back, shot straight towards the sun, without blown highlights, with the double exposure function, which shows full detail in the old lighthouse, that normally would have been just a shadow. Probably dynamic range of 17-18 stops.
At "Verdens Ende" (The end of the world), Norway
Very, very nice. I have only played with the dual exposure feature. May be time to get serious.

stngoldberg

At "Verdens Ende" (The end of the world), NorwayView attachment 195615
Great example of dual exposure! Encourages me to learn how to use that feature
stanley

P. Chong

More from my Singapore everyday scenes series. Here is a client discussing what to order for dinner with his daughter. Whampoa Food Centre in Singapore. GFX 50S II with GF50, Fuji Acros simulation in x-pan crop mode.

ordering.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.