The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Digital Nikon with manual lenses

Darin Marcus

Z8 + Voigtlander 1/50z
Congrats on the new lens!

I am still waiting for my local camera store to start selling Voigtlander lenses in Z mount…
But if that does not happen by the end of July, I will get it from BH.

I am looking forward to your comments and photos (here, or in a separate thread).

Photon42

The lens is well balanced with its ca 600g and to me is pretty much has perfect dimensions. Very nice lens metal hood which mounts also in reverse. Focussing with the Nikons is pretty easy. You have got three little helpers here: Loupe, focus peaking and the color of the focus box. To me, it seems pretty sharp even at f1, but I am certain the Nikon f1.2 is sharper here (a friend of mine has one). I was first thinking of getting the M version but then realised that using it on the M will be tough - also because of the viewfinder blockage. Also, the minimal focus distance on the M version is a little long. This one has electronic contacts, nice focussing aids and focusses down to 45cm.