The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Architecture, Buildings, and Structures

baudolino

Kirche am Steinhof, also called the Church of St. Leopold, is the Roman Catholic oratory of the Otto-Wagner-Spital in the area of Steinhof in Vienna, Austria. The building, designed by Otto Wagner, is considered one of the most important Art Nouveau churches in the world. XT/IQ4150/32mm.

P0010682.jpg

P0010687.jpg

Last edited:

scho

Need some help identifying location of this scene in Amsterdam displayed on a montage of Delft tiles. It was a wedding gift to my mother-in-law from her first cousin Florentine Heubel (yes, the infamous "Black Widow"). At the time she received the piece she was living in Goslar Germany and after she passed away my wife had the tiles shipped to us for re-assembly and framing.

B L

Need some help identifying location of this scene in Amsterdam displayed on a montage of Delft tiles. It was a wedding gift to my mother-in-law from her first cousin Florentine Heubel (yes, the infamous "Black Widow"). At the time she received the piece she was living in Goslar Germany and after she passed away my wife had the tiles shipped to us for re-assembly and framing.

Carl, try "Photo Find" in Google. It should work. Thanks.

pegelli

Could be the Zuiderkerktower looking from the Groenburgwal. At least the orientation fits and the tower looks similar. Also the Staalmeestersbrug looks similar to the bridge on the tableau, but seems too far away to really fit with the size of the tower.
Also I don't quickly recognise any of the houses by comparing to streetview in Google maps: Link

But artists took a lot of "artistic freedom" creating paintings and tableau's like these, so that might be the cause.
On the other hand I might be totally wrong, probably Bart (Knorp) as our resident Mokum photographer might know better whare this is.

Knorp

Could be the Zuiderkerktower looking from the Groenburgwal. At least the orientation fits and the tower looks similar. Also the Staalmeestersbrug looks similar to the bridge on the tableau, but seems too far away to really fit with the size of the tower.
Also I don't quickly recognise any of the houses by comparing to streetview in Google maps: Link

But artists took a lot of "artistic freedom" creating paintings and tableau's like these, so that might be the cause.
On the other hand I might be totally wrong, probably Bart (Knorp) as our resident Mokum photographer might know better whare this is.
I'm sorry I don't recognize that church tower and can't even find a close match.
As Pieter mentioned it could be the 'Zuiderkerk' but than with a fair bit of 'artistic freedom' to it.

But I did what 'B L' suggested and then I found f.i. this ... :) : Framed Delft Painting of Alkmaar Weigh House. Original Price: $5,700

So it's not Amsterdam, but Alkmaar !

Kind regards.

scho

Bart,

I think that you nailed it with the photos from Alkmaar. Excellent sleuthing! What was in the blurred out bit in the first image or just an artifact?

Many thanks for your efforts researching this image.

Best regards,
Carl

Knorp

Bart,

I think that you nailed it with the photos from Alkmaar. Excellent sleuthing! What was in the blurred out bit in the first image or just an artifact?

Many thanks for your efforts researching this image.

Best regards,
Carl
Only Google knows what’s in the blurred out bit, Carl !