The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Architecture, Buildings, and Structures

f6cvalkyrie

The Stalhillebrug across the canal Gent - Brugge - Oostende
A7ii + Tamron 28-200 Di III RXD
Pieter, you keep exposing me to pictures of my past ! After the Launching Area in Kapellen-Erft, Germany, now the "Stalhillebrug" shows up ... this bridge connects the village where I lived 17 years, Jabbeke, with the village of Stalhille where some boy- and girlfriends of mine lived (1957-75). The original bridge that I crossed so often was a double-beam drawbridge that was opened many times a day to let ships carry their loads from the harbours of Ostend and Nieuwpoort to Bruges, Ghent and so on ...
If I'm not mistaken, the bridge is now for pedestrians only, but a lot of traffic went over the old bridge, especially tourists who wanted to go to the sea (De Haan, Bredene en Wenduine) for weekends ...

Those were the days !

pegelli

Today we visited "Kanaal" in Wijnegem. A historic industrial complex (originally a Jenever distillery) transformed into a combination of appartments, lofts, artist studios, art galleries & exhibitions and work spaces developed by Belgian entrepreneur Axel Vervoort.

Looking up between the grain silos (transformed to appartment towers)

Window reflections

Both A7Rii + Sony FE 24-70/4 CZ

baudolino

From today's walk to castle Seebenstein, Lower Austria (XT, 32mm). This frame was the only one where sunshine hit the gate in the forefront. Three hikers were approaching along the path from the castle just as the sun came out - I waved them through to hurry up away from the frame. They took my gesticulation in good spirit and laughed at the evident urgency of it (later complimented me on the image on the back display of my IQ). A split second after the last hiker left the frame, I pressed the shutter - and a second later the sun disappeared and never came back through the clouds to light the gate again. Rain with tiny ice crystals came along about an hour later - literally seconds after I got in my car. Proves that seconds sometimes decide the outcome, even if one photographs ruined 12th century castles.

P0010573.jpg

Last edited:

baudolino

The 1909 hydro power station at Puchberg am Schneeberg, Austria. Rodenstock 32mm on XT. Frame averaging to get fluffy water. Interesting trivia: the power station is one of the three oldest in Austria; it is still operating the original turbines (and its water usage permit is apparently tied to these specific original turbines).

P0010657.jpg

Last edited:

scho

Two more images taken at the Farmers Market today from the same spot looking the other way towards the inlet and inside the market. Opening day tomorrow and it will be very crowded. Snow and rain squalls today every 20-30 minutes.

Leica M11 with Vario-Elmar-R 21-35/3.5-4 in Leica R Adapter M

pegelli

Former grocery store of De Gruyter in Tilburg.

The company used special architectural designs and their "resident architect" from 1928 until 1961 was Teunis Wilschut, who also designed this example.

In the early 70's De Gruyter experienced serious financial trouble and was absorbed by some of their competitors.

This former shop is now an architects office, I think a very fitting use of the building

Sony A7Rii + Tamron FE 20/2.8 Di III VXD , poor mans shift, i.e. keep the camera vertical and straight and only use the top 2/3 of the photo

scho

Not bad that R21-35. I’ve yet to try my R60, R70-210 and R350 …
Agree, Bart. My only other R lenses are the 35-70 Macro which works well with the 21-35 as a 2 lens kit, and a 50 summicron that I converted to EF mount a few years ago.