The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images 2024

P. Chong

this was the relaxing part of the trip. The mad rush was the week prior during Watches &;Wonders where I wrote 27 Live Reports and with a colleague put out 250 video clips on the new watches released. And yes. I was at Arca Swiss. But they don’t allow visits in the manufacturing floor. I will have some pics of the showroom…soon.

@ P.CHONG
I am following you and your tour through europe . It must be very exhausting .
Besancon , a very nice ancient city , also with the citadelle and ARCASWISS . I have been there three times and loved it .
Have you been to ARCASWISS ? ? ?

wattsy

This is something of a dual purpose post. When the Hasselblad X series lenses arrived, there was a unique offering - the XCD 21/4. There was nothing else in the medium format AF world like it. Fast forward to this past year, and the XCD 21 has disappeared (at least from B&H - it is still listed on Hasselblad's website) and the widest offering is the XCD 28P/4. The new lens is much smaller and lighter than the 21, so I've been using it a lot, but how much FoV have I been losing as a result?

This morning's early spring sunrise made for an easy and photogenic test. X2D XCD 28P f/8

And with the XCD 21, also at f/8

Answer: a lot.
That's a very good demonstration of the difference (and, given the choice of those two photographs, I prefer the wider view of the second one). I've very recently bought the 28P to replace the 21/F4 as my go-to "very wide" (my standard is the slightly wide 45P) and am looking forward to seeing how I get along with it. I have no intention of selling the 21mm lens, even if I end up using it only very rarely. It is one of those superb lenses that are just too good to get rid of.

Incidentally, I have noticed that at least one UK dealer (Wex) has recently acquired new stock of the 21mm/F4. It had previously shown as "no longer available" and, soon after, was completely removed. I have no idea what this means in terms of the "discontinuation" of this lens (maybe Hasselblad found a couple of boxes hidden in the corner of the warehouse?) but it seems that talk of its demise has been premature.