The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. J

Assigning a profile

I’m a bit rusty on this stuff, so thought that I would ask. I am using DXO Pureraw. It has the ability to output TIF so I tried it. Then I found the gotcha. It tags it as sRGB, and doesn’t let me specify a profile. It occurred to me that I could get PS to assign a profile to it and the problem...
  2. J

Xrite i1io2

I no longer need this wonderful device. My problem is that I have never seen one on sale, and have no idea what they are worth. If anyone is interested, please contact me to discuss. I am in Australia so shipping could be a bit
  3. J

Leica R lenses and D850

I am about to sell off my D850 and lenses. The Leica R ones all have Leitax mounts. I am posting this to guage interest. Please contact me if you are interested, otherwise I will hand them over to a friend to sell. I have a: D850 Leica R 28-90 Leica R 100 macro Leica R Apo Telyt 180 Leica R 50...
  4. J

Whither Solux?

I have been looking for Solux bulbs having just run out. They seem to be unavailable except in small numbers and/or exorbitant prices. Is this a Covid thing, or has something else happened, or is there a substitute?
  5. J

FS: Arca Swiss Cube C1

I am selling my Cube as it is just gathering dust. It is in good condition with the normal signs of wear from mounting brackets. It has been lightly used. I am asking $1200 plus your choice of postage.Please contact me with any questions.
  6. J

Arca Swiss Cube

I am thinking of selling my Cube but finding any for sale is nigh on impossible. This leaves me unsure as to what is a reasonable price. Any ideas?
  7. J

Requirements for glass splashback

I have been asked by a friend to use an image for a splashback. This is strange territory for me. I have no clue about what resolution is required or how to prepare an image. I am wondering if anyone has any experience with this.
  8. J

Best practice for large stitched pano

I have been asked to create an image around 8’ long to print on glass. In digging around most of what I remember from years back had disappeared. I am not sure where to start as I don’t normally print large or stitch. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated. I would expect that I would use a...
  9. J

Variable ND on M43

I am currently travelling with an EM 1 2 and th 12-100. It is a terrific combo for travelling. There have been a couple of times when an ND would have been helpful. I have used ND filters for many years but want light gear while travelling. I am aware of variable screw on NDs and wonder how they...
  10. J

Is a gimbal head overkill?

I have been experimenting with my EM1 2 and the 300 for bird photography. So far, it's either handheld or ballhead mounted but I'm wondering if a gimbal head may be a good idea. Many years ago I had a Canon 500 which I used on a Wimberly Sidekick. It was a great combo but that was film ... It...
  11. J

Viewfinder virtual horizon on D850

I went out with my new D850 yesterday. It's been so long since I played with the D800 that I have forgotten what I had set up and what was default. I quickly found that the Fn1 button does not give the virtual horizon that I expected. So far I have only been able to find an equivalent as part of...
  12. J

Art repro with a D800 and C1

I have to copy a number of painting for an artist friend. I have done this before, and it is often a wrestle. It has dawned on me that I can probably use a different curve in C1 to get a better starting point. Do any of the supplied curves work better than the default or do I need to build my own?
  13. J

Macro lens for D850 focus stacking

I am planning on buying a D850 and feel that the focus stacking is a great new feature. I already have it on my Olympus and like it a lot. My only problem is that I don't have an AF macro lens. Is there a stand out lens for the job? My current lens collection is all Zeiss and Leica R.
  14. J

FS: Olympus EM1

I have a low mileage (<4500) EM1 for sale. It comes with an RRS L bracket. It has been lightly used as it is a second camera used for travel. Asking price is $500 plus your choice of freight. I have bought an EM1 ii, hence the sale.
  15. J

GFX raw converters

I may have missed it but I haven't seen a lot about image conversion for GFX files. As a C1 user, and non-LR user, I don't want to go the Adobe route. So what are my choices and how do the files perform?
  16. J

FS: Leica R Elmarit 19mm V2 - $2700

This lens has a Leitax Nikon mount. It was converted professionally by a Leica trained camera tech in Australia which included the shaving required to clear the mirror on my D800E. I also have the original Leica mount, so you can have it as well, and you can put it back to full Leica...
  17. J

A6000 exposure compensation

I just came by an A6000. While playing around with it, I have worked out how to get it to display a histogram. All good so far, but when I try to do a little exposure compensation, the histogram disappears. When I leave exposure compensation, back comes the histogram. I must be doing something...
  18. J

Adapter for Nikon lenses on A7RII

I have a mix of adapted Leica R and Zeiss lenses for my D800. I'm wondering if there is a half way decent adapter that will give me EXIF and aperture control on the E mount. Funny as it may sound, I don't want to lose the auto aperture and EXIF data of the Zeiss lenses. I know that I can change...
  19. J

Kinotehnik

I just took the plunge on a Sigma DP2M. I want to get a Kinotehnik viewer for it. My assumption is that I need the LCDVF 32. Can someone please confirm that as the right model?
  20. J

Novoflex adapter with Nikon lenses on A7RII

Given all the excitement about the A7RII, I'm wondering how my Leica R and Zeiss glass would work on it with a Novoflex adapter. I have an excellent collection and would love to keep it all if possible. Am I missing something?