The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. D

FS: Phase One IQ4 150, XF body, lenses

The basics: All items in excellent condition, bought new by me from a dealer and used non-commercially. I did my best to research prices and ask what for what I think are excellent deals in the current market. All items come with the original Phase One accessories (hoods, cables, batteries...
  2. D

Looks like tilt is coming to XT natively

I feel like there are two big questions (along with the obvious "what is the focal length?"): Just tilt around the horizontal axis, or some other mechanics to enable tilt/swing on any axis? Is tilt encoded in the metadata, and, if, so, is there any point beyond just recording the number for...
  3. D

Using an IQ4? What's your system?

14 inch Macbook pro M1 Max 64GB RAM 2TB storage Pro Display XDR monitor Great setup; more than necessary for slinging 150MP photos around. (I don't do excessive focus stacking or many-image panoramas so no idea how that would fare.) The best part is finally having 64GB ram in a laptop so that...
  4. D

Strange Problem with IQ4 150

The image processing math is likely generating a negative or "not a number" result as some point for a pixel (can come from a divide by zero, or just faulty assumptions about what number 'should be bigger' than another). As this propagates down the processing chain it becomes a black box because...
  5. D

The CI Take on P1 Feature Update Firmware 8

Warning, small rant below: So here we are two years into the IQ4 system. I loved the idea of the "infinity platform" being over-provisioned and ready for the future, but I have to say that it fundamentally hasn't taken us very far at all. How about figuring out how to shorten the 20 second...
  6. D

Mini-review of Phase One SK 80/2.8 BR Mark II vs. SK 80/2.8 BR (original)

Thanks for the writeup! The longitudinal chromatic aberration was the big thing I was hoping they would address when I first heard about the lens. And while it looks like a big step forward, it's also not quite as much as I had hoped for given the difference in years and dollars. Any thoughts...
  7. D

Capture One 20

There are a few feature overviews that cover the full list of what's new. As an enthusiast and not a working pro, new features that effect the final image rather than productivity are what interests me the most. To that end the two biggest improvements for me are: 1) More flexible HDR tool...
  8. D

Capture One 20

I got the same email, but it's just a license for the DB product--it won't work with non-Phase raw files.
  9. D

The next Phase One body and the Fuji GFX100

I for one would really love that. Overall weight/size and not-great AF are really the only functional issues that I have with their cameras. I think I am not alone and they must know these are the parameters (+cost!) that they lose on. I think they could address size/weight pretty well by...
  10. D

Official Phase One IQ4 150 Firmware 1.03.26 Details from CI

A much-appreciated bonus feature of this FW that I don't recall being mentioned: USB-C charging is now practical. Before, plugging the camera into USB-C barely charged the battery because the 10-12W from USB basically just went to powering the back. Now, if you power off with USB-C plugged in...