The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Strange Problem with IQ4 150

eisbaer

Hi,

I shot today some images at Caffe Florian in Venice. On the last few I had the problem that I get black block artifacts in C1. There are simply black blocks in the image....If I open the same images in Lightroom the Image is shifted at about 1/3 of the image. No black blocks but shifted imaged (see pics)
Never seen something strange before.
Most shot with Frame Averaging. Tripod, Alpa Plus and Rodies.
Same problem with the backup Images from the SD Card, so no Card problem and no Card Reader Problem as I used two different Card readers to import from XQD and SD Card.
I deactivated GPU Hardware Accelration in C1 but makes no difference..
Exported images have the same problems... so its not a display problem. And problem is in C1 and LR but in different occurrences...
Any ideas?

Attachments

onasj

Wow, very odd. When you review the image on the IQ4 back, does it show similar corruption? Did the problem ever occur when frame averaging was off? Did it occur after rebooting?

eisbaer

It seems to be a frame averaging problem. As images shot without frame averaging shot in the same sequence don’t have the problem. Tested this morning and couldn’t replicate. Went back to Firmware 7 until I get an answer from Danmark.

beano_z

I had the same problem about a year or so ago, back then I was still on the old firmware, it hasn’t occurred since I updated it. Your description is spot on, it only happens with frame averaged shots and on mine it was in the highlight areas. I hope they solve this issue as some of my shots couldn’t be recovered.

DaveRosenthal

The image processing math is likely generating a negative or "not a number" result as some point for a pixel (can come from a divide by zero, or just faulty assumptions about what number 'should be bigger' than another). As this propagates down the processing chain it becomes a black box because the effect of that pixel spreads over a large square 'kernel'. (All this my speculation.) I reported a similar issue to phase one (not requiring frame averaging) that I could reproduce in C1 more than a year ago with a certain image and a certain combination of exposure settings.