The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. I

Hasselblad 907x + CFVII 50c firmware update 1.4.0

Sadly, I had the same experience. I loaded firmware 1.4.0 for the X1D II, 1.26 for the XCD 45P and 0.6 for my other lenses onto an SD card, then followed the update instructions in the camera (with the 45P mounted). Something odd happened with my first camera upgrade attempt - I was told to...
  2. I

Backpacking Experiences and Tips

Hi Dave, I hope your walks in the woods are going well. I’m off for a three day tramp in January (no tent - we have huts - so, food, clothing and camera gear, maybe a bottle of wine for the first night ...), and I’ve started planning. Not sure what camera to take yet - SL with 24-90 is close...
  3. I

Deleted

Ordered from B&H on 3 June, and notified that the camera shipped on 1 September.
  4. I

Where can I get a couple of Rolleiflexes repaired?

My partner’s father was a local photographer. We’ve found a couple of Rollei TLR Rolleiflexes which have huge sentimental value which need repair. Apparently there’s no one in this country who has the skill. It’s worth boxing them up and sending them to someone who can do them justice. They...
  5. I

Hasselblad X1D II review

I drive a Singer 911 - no stereo at all ... No idea. I tend not to use a live histogram as my EVF based cameras are set up with exposure simulation, so I see the exposure in real time. My non-EVF cameras (Monochrom, M10-D, M-A and SWC/M) don’t have histograms, obviously ... Actually, I...
  6. I

Hasselblad X1D II review

We all have different tastes and needs, and we're the better for it. With your preferences, may I ask what you see in the X1D? It seems to be the antithesis of what you need ... Interesting you mention the BMW iDrive. I rented a 3 series a few years ago in NSW. Couldn't set the radio to...
  7. I

Hasselblad X1D II review

I guess you could. JPG files, P function, auto white balance ... I'm sure the output would be good enough, but it rather misses the point, don't you think? When the Monochrom was first released, some users complained that the files were all too flat, but when you played with the raw files...
  8. I

Hasselblad X1D II review

My “ugly stick” comment seems to have struck a nerve! The starting point has to be one of function. Form must follow function, to my mind. For others, not so much. What is the function I want in a camera? Aperture control, focus, shutter and ISO, roughly in that order. In that sense, the...
  9. I

Hasselblad X1D II review

That, and someone smacked the GFX100 with an ugly stick! Held one at a camera shop a week or so ago - not much subtlety or elegance wasted on that camera ...
  10. I

Hasselblad XCD 45mm f/3.5 in-depth review

I have the 21 & 80 XCD lenses, sitting in their little baggies in my office waiting for a camera to mount them on! It is my intention to use these thoroughly, with my new filter set (thanks Vieri) before I add to my lenses. Like Godfrey, I see the 21 being my main lens, with the 80 for fast...
  11. I

Backpacking Experiences and Tips

What a great thread. It sounds like you're doing really well, Dave! I thought I might share with you some thoughts from the bottom of the World. Here, we "tramp" - that implies walking in the wilderness (the bush) typically multi-day trips, carrying food and clothing, but typically not tents...