The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad 907x + CFVII 50c firmware update 1.4.0

PSS

Mine is 1.1.2 (7) - I updated via the Apple Store, where it said Update. As far as I am aware that is the latest version.
Ok...thx, i believe that came out a few weeks ago...with the announcement i thought there was a newer one...

hcubell

I gather that the enhancements to Phocus Mobile 2 do not involve a new version of it. It's embedded in the firmware update for the camera through the way the camera "interacts" with Phocus Mobile 2.

Godfrey

I gather that the enhancements to Phocus Mobile 2 do not involve a new version of it. It's embedded in the firmware update for the camera through the way the camera "interacts" with Phocus Mobile 2.
That's my thought too. I'll see if I detect anything different when I hook up the system to do some copy work later today... :)
G

Reactions: spb

cgastelum

So I just went to do this update, 1.4.0 for the 907x-CFVII and the 0.1.26 for the 45p. The camera went well but as soon as I press upgrade to the 45p I got a message that says no lens attached , and now I have no way to use the 45p....:cry:

Ikarus

Sadly, I had the same experience.

I loaded firmware 1.4.0 for the X1D II, 1.26 for the XCD 45P and 0.6 for my other lenses onto an SD card, then followed the update instructions in the camera (with the 45P mounted). Something odd happened with my first camera upgrade attempt - I was told to remove the battery, which I did; waited; then turned the camera on again - update then proceeded without an issue.

I then went to update the 45P and got the message “No lens detected”. Tried everything after that, to no avail. Updated for the 21/4, 80/1.9 and 135/2.8 all proceeded without a hitch.

Contacted Hasselblad - lens on the way back to Sweden ...

spb

Staff member
Ikarus, What is it with the 45/4P that is still giving “No lens detected” even now! Glad the rest of your gear is AOK. It seems updating with the 45/4P on camera instead of any other lens is a big mistake. I shall be very cautious when I receive my copy of this lens. Perhaps this explains why the lens is so much cheaper than any other XCD lens?

Godfrey

I did the back then body update, the XCD 45 P lens update, then the XCD 21 lens update, in that sequence using the download .cim files on a freshly formatted SD card. No problems at all.

G

spb

Staff member
I had no problems either but still await the 45/4P, so hopefully when mine arrives it will be updated before I get it!

Last edited:

cgastelum

Hi Godfrey, In my case I used a clean formatted (in camera) card, a fully charged battery and did the body update no problem, the lens upgrade failed and now I am without a working lens.

I imagine is not a consistent problem to all lenses. Like everything else in life it happens to some and not to others.

My only frustration is that in 2 months of owning this system I had to send my camera to Hasselblad due to conectivity issues between body-lens & back-body. (got a replacement 907x body as a solution) and now this firmware update failed. Overall I have been only able to take 183 photos of which 150 have been test shots to see if things are working.

Once this is solved I'm going to try to finally enjoy the camera, when it works the camera is a lot of fun to use and at least I can use the CFVII back on my 503cw in the meantime.

fmueller

Hi Godfrey, In my case I used a clean formatted (in camera) card, a fully charged battery and did the body update no problem, the lens upgrade failed and now I am without a working lens.

I imagine is not a consistent problem to all lenses. Like everything else in life it happens to some and not to others.

My only frustration is that in 2 months of owning this system I had to send my camera to Hasselblad due to conectivity issues between body-lens & back-body. (got a replacement 907x body as a solution) and now this firmware update failed. Overall I have been only able to take 183 photos of which 150 have been test shots to see if things are working.

Once this is solved I'm going to try to finally enjoy the camera, when it works the camera is a lot of fun to use and at least I can use the CFVII back on my 503cw in the meantime.
Perhaps, try reinstalling the older firmware, (available for both back and lens on Hasselblad website) see if you can get things working together again and if you can try doing the firmware upgrade again?

Fred

cgastelum

Perhaps, try reinstalling the older firmware, (available for both back and lens on Hasselblad website) see if you can get things working together again and if you can try doing the firmware upgrade again?

Fred
Thanks Fred, I tried that but to no avail. once the camera says no lens detected it can't reinstall the old firmware on the lens (since it doesnt realize it is conected) I was able to downgrade and upgrade the firmware on the camera itself but that didn't help, the camera still can't detect the lens.

Godfrey

It's certainly unfortunate: You've had more than a fair share of issues. :(

I wish only that everything comes right on this turn with your camera. My biggest issue, really, was that I had to wait 8 months for the 907x Special Edition to arrive, and another five months past that for the grip and OVF. The wait was worth it; I hope the aggravation of having to ship your camera and lens back to Hasselblad doesn't dim the experience of using the camera, once it comes back repaired.

G

FloatingLens

Thanks Fred, I tried that but to no avail. once the camera says no lens detected it can't reinstall the old firmware on the lens (since it doesnt realize it is conected) I was able to downgrade and upgrade the firmware on the camera itself but that didn't help, the camera still can't detect the lens.
Bummer! Particularly as the release notes explicitly recommend all users to install that update.

Mine went well btw, despite the rather low serial number on my 907X/CFV II duo.

spb

Staff member
I am disappointed to hear that people are still getting this issue with this lens.

Last edited:

JAB

Yes, bummer. I too am disappointed that two of our members have had issues with their XCD45p while doing this update. I have not done the update since I am a bit shy to adopt things too quickly after having to exchange my first XCD45p then have to send my 907x/50c back to Hasselblad which resulted in a new 907x body. Most of this due to the "Lens Not Detected" issue.

I contacted Hasselblad USA for advice relative to the update considering two people here have had issues. The response was that Hasselblad USA has had no user issues with the update and that I can do the update, but if there are any issues, then send the lens in for evaluation. Mmmmmm. I guess I'll hold for now. Sadly, I find this all to be very frustrating.

• Thanks

spb

Staff member
Yes I share that view "Sadly, I find this all to be very frustrating."

• Thanks
Reactions: JAB

Mexecutioner

Yes, bummer. I too am disappointed that two of our members have had issues with their XCD45p while doing this update. I have not done the update since I am a bit shy to adopt things too quickly after having to exchange my first XCD45p then have to send my 907x/50c back to Hasselblad which resulted in a new 907x body. Most of this due to the "Lens Not Detected" issue.

I contacted Hasselblad USA for advice relative to the update considering two people here have had issues. The response was that Hasselblad USA has had no user issues with the update and that I can do the update, but if there are any issues, then send the lens in for evaluation. Mmmmmm. I guess I'll hold for now. Sadly, I find this all to be very frustrating.
I imagine the 45P will still work without the update, or does it have to match the new FW on the body for it to operate? if not then use it as is for the time being until you're ready to roll the dice.

• Thanks
Reactions: JAB

spb

Staff member
It should not be 'a roll of the dice' even on a cheap 1,200 dollar lens.

Hausen

Man that is bad luck. I ran through mine in about 10 mins I think. SE Body + 21/45/120 My 45 is the non P version though.