The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. mjm6

Positive feedback for @Rayt

I purchased a Hasselblad finer from @rayt and had good communication, great and honest description, and fast shipping. From my experience, I can recommend him in the future.
  2. mjm6

Hasselblad V purchase... any later models to avoid?

Folks, I'm looking at buying a Hasselblad 501/503 model camera for some film shooting and I am trying to figure out if there are any bodies that are best to avoid for some reason (reliability, replacement perts, etc.) My main target is the 501CM, but they are somewhat scarce in the condition...
  3. mjm6

Has anyone compared the EVF of the a7rII with the older ones?

One of the things that bugs me about the a7r camera is the slight lag in time between the camera moving and the EVF displaying the image... it seems like a 1/10 second lag or something, and it is somewhat disconcerting to me. Not a big deal, but there is a lag present. Do the newer Mark II...
  4. mjm6

FS: Leica R 19mm II, R 28mm II, 35-70 f4 lenses

Folks, I'm thinning down the pile of lenses I have, and finally decided to sell these three, which are legendary Leica performers. I'll post some images as soon as possible, but I wanted to get the posting on here to help me get my butt in gear to sell these! Leica R Elmarit 19mm v2 - $2,250...
  5. mjm6

Is there an off-camera TTL extension cable available?

OK, so I am putting together a flash arrangement for my Sony A7R and need to be able to do some shooting with the flash off the camera. I doubt I need TTL, but let's start with that... I want an adapter cable to use the flash off the camera and still have TTL sync. I don't want to cobble...
  6. mjm6

Anyone compare the ZA 16-35 and the new FE 16-35?

OK, I think I know what the answer is going to be for a few reasons, but I thought I'd ask... The older ZA 16-35 f2.8 is bigger, 2x as heavy, and a stop faster (which explains the size and weight difference). It also has a closer focus distance, higher maximum magnification, 9 blades instead...
  7. mjm6

Is anyone making chips and/or chipped adapters for the FE mount?

I'm thinking about the fact that there are people who make chips for the Sony A mount that work well, and those chipped lenses work on the FE mount with the Sony adapter properly as far as I can tell... That should mean that it is possible to make a chip for the FE mount to go directly on the...
  8. mjm6

Time for a new machine... having trouble with Apple offerings

Folks, I'm at that place where I need to consider a new machine for my digital files. My current machine is a Mac Pro from early 2008, and it is working great, but it is getting long in the tooth, and my files are not getting any smaller. I now have 36MP files coming in, and the machine is...
  9. mjm6

Resolution from Sony on A7/a7r light leaks?

Folks, I have the a7r, and it is working great for me, but it exhibits the light leak problem that was detailed in Feb/Mar when shooting long exposures or at ultra-high ASA. You can see examples of the problem here: LensRentals.com - The Sky is Falling and the Light is Leaking: the A7r...
  10. mjm6

FS: Leica M9, 24mm, 35mm, 50mm, 90mm lenses, plus more...

Folks, Well, I finally put together what I have in my Leica digital M system to sell. I have researched prices, and feel these are in-line with the market, but will consider offers. Please no low-ball offers, I don’t have to cover the mortgage this month or anything. Here's the deal with me...
  11. mjm6

Wired cable release for a7r?

I'm looking at doing some long exposure work with the a7r, and am looking for cable release options... I do not want a wireless remote for a variety of reasons. But, I would like a good wired remote that has a timer built in if possible. Like this product (which does not appear to be...
  12. mjm6

IR sensitivity with the a7 and a7r?

I've been looking around and am curious if anyone has any information on IR sensitivity with the a7r camera? Is it prone to magenta IR 'burning' when using ND filters? Thanks, ---Michael
  13. mjm6

What is the longest Bulb exposure with the a7/a7r?

I'm doing some research at lunch, and have not been able to find this information on the web or in the manual... Is there a time limitation to the Bulb exposure? Is it limited to battery life? What happens when a long exposure is done without the NR turned on, does it get very grainy? Does...
  14. mjm6

Press on a7/a7r in the real world

Funny article on the a7/a7r... Written for the non-photographers out there, so it talks about the "enormous" sensor in the camera, etc... Sony?s Tiny New Full-Frame SLR Is a Pocket Full of Awesome It has the requisite cat photo though, so not all is wrong with the article. No mention of the...
  15. mjm6

M-M Higher resolution, Really? Thinking this through a bit...

I have an M9, so I have no reason to be pouty about the new M-M at all, and I love the idea, except that I am having trouble with a few details regarding whether this camera makes sense to most people (which it clearly does not). The biggest one is the claim of higher resolution. We all know...
  16. mjm6

The M9 is a bit bi-polar for me...

So, I just wanted to get people's feelings on this, as I find the M9 to be possibly the most frustrating and rewarding digital camera I have ever used... I find that I am constantly disappointed at the results when I initially look them over in Lightroom (but I know that LR is not the problem)...
  17. mjm6

FS: Norman 40/40 power pack and LH4000 Head

This power pack and head delivers 4000WS per pop! I think that's as powerful of a strobe as you can get these days. I no longer am doing the kind of work that needs this power, so I want to unload the equipment. $600 for the pack, head, reflector and spare flash tube. Plus shipping and PP...
  18. mjm6

FS: Tenba FX17C backpack $100

Folks, I shifted my bags around about a year ago, and no no longer need this bag. This is great if you like to take your laptop into the field with you, as it has a large pocket for a 17" laptop. I got this for my architectural digital kit, so it was never used as a backpack. In fact, it...
  19. mjm6

FS: Sony 20mm SAL20F28

I have one more lens for sale right now... This is a near mint Sony SAL20F28 lens. It is the current one, and sells for $650 new. I bought it and did some testing, and finally decided I wanted the Leica 19mm, so I got that one (for a wad of cash more). Anyway, this one is almost as good as...
  20. mjm6

FS: Leica R 21mm and 28mm lenses

Folks, I have a few lenses to sell, because I have shifted my SLR lenses around a bit... The first is the Leica R 21mm Super Angulon f4 lens. It is in excellent optical shape, and the barrel is in pretty good shape as well, but is not going to win any beauty pageants. The lens functions...