The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

100 II and Godox Trigger Issues

vjbelle

There is a lengthy thread on DPReview about the Godox XPro F trigger not working with the 100 II. I don't use flash very often so this was all new to me but I do have a Godox and the XPro F trigger and sure enough it does not work properly. When installed into the shoe the EVF will not work - the LCD will and the camera will trigger the flash. If the trigger is moved back in the shoe just slightly the EVF will work ( at least mine does ) but the camera will not trigger the flash. There is lots of finger pointing with some saying pins are not aligning and all saying that Godox needs to update the firmware. I don't know what to think but I my first hunch is that it is not a pin alignment issue. If it were then when the trigger is installed properly ( all the way forward in the shoe ) I would expect the flash not to trigger. But that is not the case. For me the easy work around is just to use a loupe on the LCD for the few times I would use flash. But for others this is a major issue and makes the camera useless - at least when using Godox.

Victor B.

anwarp

Hi Victor

Have you tried taping off the extra pins on the flash controller and using it as only manual flash?

Anwar

Knorp

Same here - both my Godox V1-F flash and Godox XPro-F trigger result in a (temporary) corrupted EVF.
But no problem with my little Fuji EX-20 flash.

vjbelle

Hi Victor

Have you tried taping off the extra pins on the flash controller and using it as only manual flash?

Anwar
No I haven't. Someone on the thread at DPReview did do that successfully but then it is just a dumb flash. Seems like a real mess for Godox.

Victor B.

vjbelle

This issue has been fixed with the latest firmware update 1.11. I have tried this with my Godox trigger and the EVF does not blank out when used in Manual mode. I have not tried this in TTL which I do not use.

Victor B.

Whisp3r

This issue has been fixed with the latest firmware update 1.11. I have tried this with my Godox trigger and the EVF does not blank out when used in Manual mode. I have not tried this in TTL which I do not use.

Victor B.
Interestingly enough (or frustratingly enough) the firmware update didn't solve the issue for me. I'm on the latest firmware 1.20 (GFX100 II) and the issue (or something similar) persists. I am using a Broncolor RFS 2.2 transmitter which I believe is a rebranded Godox trigger. Maybe there aren't many Broncolor - Fuji GFX users out there, who knows :)

I made a quick video of the issue:
Fuji GFX100 II EVF weirdness with Broncolor/Godox trigger

Anybody here still having a similar issue by any chance?

vjbelle

When the 100 II was released this issue with the Godox transmitter was a very big deal. Fuji wasted no time fixing it. I don't use flash very often and don't, for sure, know if the Broncolor transmitter is a rebranded Godox. Maybe you could see if you can get your hands on a Godox trigger and flash just to see if 'that' combination works. The fuji firmware seems to have fixed the issue with every Godox user otherwise there would be a lot of postings to the contrary.

Best of luck.....

Victor B.

Whisp3r

When the 100 II was released this issue with the Godox transmitter was a very big deal. Fuji wasted no time fixing it. I don't use flash very often and don't, for sure, know if the Broncolor transmitter is a rebranded Godox. Maybe you could see if you can get your hands on a Godox trigger and flash just to see if 'that' combination works. The fuji firmware seems to have fixed the issue with every Godox user otherwise there would be a lot of postings to the contrary.

Best of luck.....

Victor B.
Victor, thanks for the sound advice! I located a Broncolor AND Godox dealer east of Brussels, by pure chance, I was actually looking for companies that make custom foam inserts and these fellas happen to supply Broncolor and Godox gear as well. Fingers crossed!