The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

A7II / A7RII dimensions: will accessories fit A7RII?

I just asked Really Right Stuff if the A7II L bracket would fit the A7RII, and they replied they don't know yet – they don't have a camera body, nor do they know the dimensions.

If anyone has an A7II and has already received an A7RII, could you please see if the body dimensions are the same, from the standpoint of mounting a bracket?

(This isn't a question about A7 or A7R dimensions – we already know they don't take the same bracket.)

Thx,

Kirk

Redford01

I posted the same question at dpreview and the answers are that the RRS plate and L Bracket for the A7 II also fit the A7r II.

hcubell

I posted the same question at dpreview and the answers are that the RRS plate and L Bracket for the A7 II also fit the A7r II.
Yes, it does. I have mounted the RRS L Plate for the A7II on an A7RII and it fits perfectly.
As an aside, I note that the little "door" on the side of the body that covers the mini slot where you attach a remote release is (a) difficult to access with the L Plate attached and (b) VERY flimsy. I expect it to have a short life.

stephen.s1

I just ordered the vertical grip... It's the same one that fits the earlier model. So, I'd assume the unit you're looking for will fit.

Jim DE

Yeah the a7II vertical grip is also the vertical grip for the a7rII..... I have one on mine as well as the LCD cover for the a7II works on the a7rII (used that as well)