The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

A7r, A7r2 - and why I'm keeping both ...

k-hawinkler

A JPG from a high resolution image.

A 248 Frame GIF with 1300 pixels max length to keep file size manageable on the Internet.

A1+FE 90/2.8 MACRO G OSS.

As one can see from the white pickup truck the road is pretty bumpy and the images I took need to be smoothed out from frame to frame. I used Adobe Photoshop 2024 with its images alignment features fort hat. In this case that seemed to work particularly well! :)

And here is the uncorrected original bumpy ride where the camera orientation changes in pitch - yaw - roll.

That is pretty much un-viewable. :(

Last edited:

k-hawinkler

Driving at speed limit on a bumpy highway, shooting out the passenger side window, and using Adobe Photoshop 2024 to align images seems to work amazingly well. Rapidly changing foreground, but unchanging background seems to enable this. :D

Without image alignment the GIF animation looks very shaky.

k-hawinkler

I am still experimenting a bit with image alignment techniques to generate smooth looking GIF animations from high resolution images and simply share what I discover, not really being primarily focused on generating "pretty" videos.