The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

C1 and Photoshop issues

sj2w1

I've been trying out C1 in an attempt to replace Lightroom. I processed a BW image and when I transfer it to photoshop it opens up in a brown tone. I opened it with the windows photo viewer and it comes up correctly in BW. I'm kind of lost as to why it opens in photoshop in a brown cast.

Duff photographer

What file have you saved it as before opening it up in Photoshop? Have any layers (if used) been flattened? Has the file been converted to "greyscale" or left as "black-and-white"? Is the colour space the same? Etc.

Duff.

Last edited:

sj2w1

It turned out that Adobe RAW was set to Pro Photo instead of Adobe RGB. Now I need to get adobe RAW to not open the TIFF file because it's not applying C1 settings to the image being opened. This is occurring whether or not it's color or BW. Thanks to the color space suggestion because I never thought that Adobe RAW would have it's own stand alone color space, on a whim I looked it up and sure enough that was the issue color wise. Now I just need to get the raw program to not open the files I'm sending over to Photoshop.