The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Can’t remove back on Linhof

Gizonite

Hello, I recently acquired a Linhof super technica 2 x 3. I have spent hours trying to figure out how to remove the back to change film holders. I can’t believe something can be so complicated. If anybody has an answer to this, please be very specific in explaining how it is done. I would greatly appreciate it so I can get on Using this camera. Thank you so much.

darr

Hello, I recently acquired a Linhof super technica 2 x 3. I have spent hours trying to figure out how to remove the back to change film holders. I can’t believe something can be so complicated. If anybody has an answer to this, please be very specific in explaining how it is done. I would greatly appreciate it so I can get on Using this camera. Thank you so much.
If you need help and not finding it, go to the Large Format Forum, where there are photographers using similar cameras:

abruzzi

It should be a simple 90 degree turn of the release lever in the corner. Link to a video, by Linhof Studio, UK, of the Linhof Super technika 69 (2x3 if American) is below.

Linhof Super technika 69 Overview
That will work on later models (v4 and later I believe.) If you have an earlier model, you start by rotating the back 45 degrees. That will expose a sliding plate on all four exposed corners. Slide each plate away from the center, and the back should come off easily. Later models replaced it with the lever Duff mentions.