The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Capture One 21 Analytics FYI

buildbot

It seems as though Capture one is now using google analytics to track application usage:
Screen Shot 2021-01-11 at 6.53.36 PM.png
CO made the request to googletagmanager.com when I started processing outputs, so it was collecting something about that process.
Google interestingly, is not listed as a information processor in the Capture One privacy policy/GDPR policy, that covers Capture One the application and website: https://www.captureone.com/en/terms-conditions/privacy-policy
Screen Shot 2021-01-11 at 6.55.31 PM.png
In case you are privacy conscious, you may want to block any/all of these outgoing domains.

drevil

Staff member
When the service is for free, you are the product! Oh wait, C1 isnt free.......

Reactions: spb

buildbot

Vilpo

New aspects of privacy very few people knew they could have enjoyed and appreciated while developing their sheets and rolls in a basement darkroom back in the day.

SrMphoto

Isn't there are dialog at installation time where the user can specify if the user should be tracked or not (for "improving" the service)? I am pretty sure that I declined. My C1 v20 is only connecting to phaseone.com and appcenter.ms

buildbot

Isn't there are dialog at installation time where the user can specify if the user should be tracked or not (for "improving" the service)? I am pretty sure that I declined. My C1 v20 is only connecting to phaseone.com and appcenter.ms
Not in MacOS at least, or I missed it.

BTW the privacy policy is quite a bit more extensive than improving the service based on my reading.
"""

• Authorise and activate license purchases;
  • Provide, maintain and improve our Software and Services;
  • Develop new Software and Services;
  • Provide and deliver the Software and Services you request and send you related information;
  • Facilitate communications;
  • Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service and support;
  • Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
  • Communicate with you about Software, Services, offers, promotions and events offered by us and business partners, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
  • Personalize and improve our Services and provide tailored content or features;
  • Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Software and Services;
  • Compile your information with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better Software and Services; and
  • Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.

2. Sharing of personal data

We may share information about you as follows or as otherwise described in this Privacy Policy:

• In response to a request for information from public authorities or other third parties if we believe disclosure is in accordance with applicable legal requirements;
  • In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company; or
  • With your consent or at your direction.
"""