The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

CFexpress vs QXD cards

Greg Haag

I was about to order a couple QXD for my IQ4 150 back, with this firmware upgrade that is coming would you go ahead and order the CFexpress instead? If so, is there a particular card/brand anyone would recommend?

Steve Hendrix

I was about to order a couple QXD for my IQ4 150 back, with this firmware upgrade that is coming would you go ahead and order the CFexpress instead? If so, is there a particular card/brand anyone would recommend?

Greg, we'll have a progress report on CFexpress by early next week. We just ordered the Sony reader (since it reads both XQD and CFexpress) and the Sony CFexpress B card. Normally we go with and recommend Sandisk, since most manufacturer's media certification (including Phase One) always includes Sandisk, but Sony was less expensive, and Sony XQD card/reader is what has been supplied with the IQ4 by Phase One since the beginning.

Steve Hendrix/CI

Greg Haag

Greg, we'll have a progress report on CFexpress by early next week. We just ordered the Sony reader (since it reads both XQD and CFexpress) and the Sony CFexpress B card. Normally we go with and recommend Sandisk, since most manufacturer's media certification (including Phase One) always includes Sandisk, but Sony was less expensive, and Sony XQD card/reader is what has been supplied with the IQ4 by Phase One since the beginning.

Steve Hendrix/CI
Thanks Steve!

Mexecutioner

I was going to order another 240GB card this week but now I’m gonna wait.

I’ll also wait to jump on the CFexpress train and let some brave users post feedback before my files “vaporize” because of a Phase One firmware mishap.

Greg Haag

I was going to order another 240GB card this week but now I’m gonna wait.

I’ll also wait to jump on the CFexpress train and let some brave users post feedback before my files “vaporize” because of a Phase One firmware mishap.
Wise counsel!