The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

CFV 100C vs IQ3 100 ?

Niddiot

Budget available in new year for back upgrade from 50C II. Expecting the 100C in early 2024 but IQ3 100 s/h are in the same price range as the new 100C from Hasselblad. I can see pros and cons for each but dark frame for IQ3 puts me off a bit. I use an Arca Universalis with 35/70/100 Rodenstock HR lenses (smaller IC) and sometimes use the back on 907X. Use will be exclusively landscape.

I know the 100C is not out yet but I think we know from the X2D what the likely IQ will be - or close enough anyway. I have already got a pre order for the 100C and a deposit paid (from some p/x) but a friend recently got the iQ3 and I love the natural look and feel of the files and the colour quality which has sowed a seed of doubt.

Looking for thoughts from anyone else mulling over a purchase decision between these two backs.

jotloob

Subscriber Member
What price range are you talking about ? ? ?
The HB 100 C is not even anounced and I have not seen a price anywere .
Might be that you have more info . If so , please share it with the forum . Thank you .
Happy new year . Jürgen .

P. Chong

I suspect I will prefer the H, though not even announced yet. But based on how x2D feel. I find the IQ3 interface a bit slow. IQ4 is superb.

JeffK

You’ll also need to consider your post processing work flow. As well as how well the software works on the systems. There’s likely no new firmware updates for an IQ3 or 4 most likely. I’ve heard from pro users that the X2D has software issues, will that carry over to the digital back variant from Hassy?

with 35mm bodies at 60mp and BSI sensor, might be time to give this a look?

Niddiot

Thanks all, I moved from Fuji 100s to the 907X 50Cii predominantly because of issues only I seemed to have with colour (yellows predominantly) from the Fuji raw files and the fact that the back is a much better implementation on the Arca than the rota foot/fuji. I use an A1 for my wildlife work so familiar with the modern sensor and benefits - mainly superb highlight handling from what I can see. The BSI sensor would improve how the 35mm Rodenstock behaves so would be worthwhile, as would a better LCD (I have the Special Edition 50Cii).
I have no firm news on release date or price but only an expectation of 1Q and similar to X2d pricing - no rocket science. The back is in the field in the UK under test with at least one photographer I have heard of(not me!).

It seemed like a no brainer to go with the H having the experience with the 50Cii. I can never consider an IQ4 so a new solution vs s/h circa 5yrs old and I can keep the 50cii as back up makes most sense.

Thank you