The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Converting to Dye-Sublimation

So I just bought an Epson XP-6100 for its print to CD/DVD/Blu Ray feature and got it at a discounted price...I have heard and seen examples of something called dye-sublimation printing and have read general stuff from google searches that some Epson printers can be converted to it. The examples of dye-sublimation printing I have seen have been stunning. Vivid color and sharpness like I've never seen (although I don't know if an Epson printer was used or a commercial printer...it was a small 6 by 8 " print.) Anyway, could the printer I got to be converted to that, and would I still be able to print to CD/DVD if I did?

Thanks

Last edited:
So I just bought an Epson XP-6100 for its print to CD/DVD/Blu Ray feature and got it at a discounted price...I have heard and seen examples of something called Canon Selphy CP1300 Review and have read general stuff from google searches that some Epson printers can be converted to it. The examples of dye-sublimation printing I have seen have been stunning. Vivid color and sharpness like I've never seen (although I don't know if an Epson printer was used or a commercial printer...it was a small 6 by 8 " print.) Anyway, could the printer I got be converted to that, and would I still be able to print to CD/DVD if I did?

Thanks
no response

MartinN

Commercial Dye sublimation is mainly for t-shirt transfer or similar, not for home use. However the Canon Selphy and similar are for home use, but only intended for small prints.