The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

dp1 and sigma photo pro

smokysun

yes, i used a mild dose of neat image on the chrome only. thought the noise not really a distraction, more a part of the pattern. just got the 5d before xmas and haven't really explored it. would love to have the new one!

wayne
www.pbase.com/wwp

ps. here are two more. the first converted in the canon pro foto and then worked in paint shop pro. the second both converted and worked in psp can you tell any difference? the steps all the same.

Last edited:
D

ddk

yes, i used a mild dose of neat image on the chrome only. thought the noise not really a distraction, more a part of the pattern. just got the 5d before xmas and haven't really explored it. would love to have the new one!

wayne
www.pbase.com/wwp

ps. here are two more. the first converted in the canon pro foto and then worked in paint shop pro. the second both converted and worked in psp can you tell any difference? the steps all the same.
Yes there are some differences but I still think that they're moot with this type of post processing. To prove the point here are few quickies processed in PS from small Ricoh jpgs, if you can't even tell which camera they came from when the files are processed to this extent you can forget about the differences in raw processors. I'm displaying them in order of processing strength from least to most amount applied;

smokysun

Yes there are some differences but I still think that they're moot with this type of post processing. To prove the point here are few quickies processed in PS from small Ricoh jpgs, if you can't even tell which camera they came from when the files are processed to this extent you can forget about the differences in raw processors. I'm displaying them in order of processing strength from least to most amount applied;

here are the two similar ones side by side, the ricoh and dp1. to my eye the the dp1 raw has more detail, smoother transitions, fewer crude edges. on the other hand, it's pretty difficult to compare small jpgs on the monitor with the larger files. depending on how much you want to process, i suspect you could tell which camera used.

however, your point is well taken. these small sensors can give a painterly look. alas, most people are impressed by detail. yet many of the most famous pictures don't have that much, hcb's puddle-jumper, for example.

Last edited:

mazor

ddk, some amazing angles you are getting there with the ricoh. Really taking advantage of wider angles and embracing it.

I have never seen HDR images pushed to extremes and yet have worked out so well.

kudos to all

Mazor