The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Eizo CS2740

vjbelle

Just received an Eizo CS2740 after my NEC PA272W died. This is the first NEC monitor that has ever failed me but finding another one is impossible. I managed to find the Eizo and couldn't be happier. I have been reluctant to purchase a 4K monitor because of compatibility issues with PS and critical sharpness settings but have found those warnings to be dubious at best. I can easily see sharpness variations regardless of scaling from either my Mac or PC. Microsoft scales the monitor differently from the Mac - at 4K text remains large and crisp and easy to read. The Mac at 4K reduces everything with text being small but still very sharp. The monitor is very even edge to edge and the Color Navigator software is very easy to use and extremely customizable.

Highly recommended......

Victor B.

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
assume you don't have the issue with the Apple M1 chips . B&H even warns of issues with the M1 computers .

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
assume you don't have the issue with the Apple M1 chips . B&H even warns of issues with the M1 computers .
I can't find any comments about the M1 chip under that monitor's listing at B&H. Where do they warn about using that monitor with an M1?

vjbelle

I have no issues with my Mac M1 and the Eizo monitor. For sure I will not be buying any more NEC monitors now that I have an Eizo for comparison. I was tempted to purchase a BenQ SW321C and am glad I didn't given some of the feedback I've read. I think the retail sellers all deal directly with Eizo in California and have the monitors drop shipped by them. I bought the last one currently available from Lexjet.

I am very fussy about monitors and sure am impressed with this one.

Victor B.

Buttsc7875

The M1 chip issue mentioned in various places including Eizo’s website has been fixed according to tech service I spoke to at Eizo recently.

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
Thanks for the updates this has been very helpful to me . I have wanted an EIZO monitor forever and now it looks to be a safe purchase for a Mac user .

schuster

I have no issues with my Mac M1 and the Eizo monitor. For sure I will not be buying any more NEC monitors now that I have an Eizo for comparison. I was tempted to purchase a BenQ SW321C and am glad I didn't given some of the feedback I've read. I think the retail sellers all deal directly with Eizo in California and have the monitors drop shipped by them. I bought the last one currently available from Lexjet.

I am very fussy about monitors and sure am impressed with this one.

Victor B.
One of my NEC monitors, the MultiSync PA271W, is on its way out, after about 10 years, and I've begun looking for a replacement. The BenQ SW271C has been popping up, but I haven't seen anything negative, other than comments about the slow card reader and unnecessary puck, until I saw your post here, Victor. What is some of the feedback you've read?