The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Experiences with Schneider Kreuznach 28mm F2.8 L-92° MC Lens?

stevev

I am thinking about getting a SK 28 Digitar L (not Super Digitar XL) for my Cambo Actus, which according to the Cambo Lens compatibility table has no issues at all with my E and L camera mounts(!).

I plan only to tilt it (as required) and not to shift it more than maybe 5mm, if at all. Making one good wide image without needing to stitch is the goal.

Has anyone else used it on an Actus or similar with a digital camera/back?

How does it perform?

Thanks,
Steve.

Shashin

I might post this in the Medium-format section of the forum. I think you will get many more responses. This is more a film forum.

RodK

The Schneider 28mm 2.8 is a very poor lens with lots of color cast and distortion. Not even close to the 28mm 5.6 XL or the Rodenstock 28mm.

I have had 2 sent in to me for R mounting and I tested before sending to France and they were so bad I told the customer to save his money for a different better lens. The 24mm TSE is another choice that is way better in this focal length range.

stevev

Thanks Rod. Glad I didn’t buy the one I saw on eBay. I might look again at using the Pentax-A SMC 645 35mm on my Actus G, or as you suggest, the 24mm TS-E.

Cheers.