The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fr3sH W4r3Z … 🛟

Knorp

Fujifilm FUJINON GF110mmF5.6 T/S Macro Lens : $ 3500
Fujifilm FUJINON GF30mmF5.6 T/S Lens : $ 4000
Fujifilm FUJINON GF55mmF1.7 R WR Lens : $ 2300

biglouis

That and the 75/1.2 PRO ... :cool:
I'd rather spend my dough on the upgraded 56f1.2 and 'step closer' - although my current copy is very good indeed.

Thing is, I have the 18f1.4 which is an amazing piece of glass but I don't really like the 23mmf1.4, e.g. 35mm equivalent fov. But I have had a couple of 40mm lenses, e.g. the lovely 40mmf2 Sumicron and Panasonic's beautiful 20mmf1.7, and I like the fov better.

Still, I am not really in the market for a new lens at present, however tempting this one is.

LouisB

biglouis

Sure, but how much will it be ? 1,5 kidney ? 1 kidney and 1 lung ?
The bird photography I have seen done with both the 50 and 100mpx sensors and the 250mm has been exquisite. But iirc they are static portraits. If money were no object (which it is!) I'd go for it but then I'd probably get a reality check and just get a Nikon Z8 or Z9 and a 800mm lens for about the same price as a GFX100II+500mm.

Incidentally, both are unrealistic for me as my back or knees would probably collapse under the weight!

LouisB

algrove

Sure, but how much will it be ? 1,5 kidney ? 1 kidney and 1 lung ?
I have a 500 for the GFX. It is a Mamiya 645 C 500 f5.6 I used with an adapter-no longer have my GFX. It is huge but costs under $1k even today. If $1k takes your breath away then 1 lung, but no kidney.

The 105mm filter can cost a kidney. Has a nice slide out hood.

Elliot

This 2.03 firmware does seem to have potential benefits for those who have experienced focusing issues.

1. AF accuracy is improved with the following focus settings and shooting conditions.
・FOCUS MODE:AF-S / AF-C
・AF MODE:SINGLE POINT
・Lens used:Wide-angle lens
・Photography subject:High-frequency subjects such as animal hair, fine leaves, or low-contrast subjects.